He regularly conducts multi-party claims before a range of courts and tribunals, as well as in mediations and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Jonathan specialises in defending all manner of claims including disciplinary and regulatory investigations against accountants, independent financial advisers, financial institutions and solicitors. He also advises on pure coverage disputes and professional minimum insurance terms.
He has particular expertise in resolving:
- Claims against accountants concerning audits (including of charities), Solicitors Accounts Rules inspections, tax and tax avoidance/mitigation, employee incentives, corporate advice and transactions, accounts work, trusteeships and attorneys and bankruptcies/liquidations.
- Claims against IFAs concerning a wide range of investments, including pensions, bonds, unregulated collective investment schemes, land banking, term assurance, tax mitigation, endowments and commercial property, as well as the responsibilities of principals and Appointed Representatives/Registered Individuals.
- Claims against solicitors concerning family proceedings (ancillary relief and children), contentious probate and failed litigation.
- Regulatory and disciplinary investigations against accountants, IFAs and financial institutions, and their interaction with related civil claims.
- Actions by the SFO and HMRC against professionals.
He has spoken at client seminars and at the IMC professional indemnity forum conference. He contributes to client newsletters and has briefed clients about the Institute of Chartered Accountants England and Wales's professional indemnity insurance minimum terms.
Away from work Jonathan runs and skis.