We want all our people to get the support they need to perform their current role effectively and to ensure they have the opportunity to shape their future career within our firm. That’s why we have The DWF Academy.
Our academy provides the platform for learning and development for everyone – whether you are a fee earner, leader or a member of our support team. The academy offers a wide range of learning and development opportunities all of which are aimed at helping people to thrive in their current role and realise their full potential. We focus on 5 key areas:
- Technical skills
- Business skills (inc management and leadership)
- Client & Business Development skills
- IT skills
We have a comprehensive and flexible learning and development offering which allows our people to access learning where and when they need it. This could be on-line learning in the office or on a mobile device or in one of a series of face to face workshops delivered through one of our learning hubs across the UK.
The content of the academy supports our business strategy and our approach follows the 70:20:10 principle; whereby 70% is achieved by learning opportunities within your role, 20% is achieved through informal learning and 10% is achieved through formal learning and development programmes.
In all cases, we ensure that content is grounded in technical excellence and relevance. The academy ensures everyone in the business has the opportunity to continually learn, and to further their career by shaping and owning their own personal development journey.
In terms of business leadership, we support leaders and future leaders through a series of interventions, tailored to the individual or business need:
- Coaching – from both internally qualified and accredited coaches through to external executive coaches, focused on specific business and personal goals
- Mentoring – through internally accredited developmental mentors
- Peer group networks – bringing peers together across the organisation to share knowledge and learn from each other and experts in the organisation
- Leadership development – programmes that build leadership capability
- Specialist bespoke workshops and programmes - designed and facilitated to support leadership team growth and development, and the delivery of the business strategy