Over one year ago DWF set up a registered charity called the DWF Foundation.
The Foundation builds on our existing community activity in a focused and strategic way and demonstrates that when we all work together we can make a significant, positive impact on the communities in which we live and work.
The pillars of the Foundation are: Homelessness, Health & Wellbeing, Employability and Education, and within these the Foundation has been set up to particularly help with initiatives that develop and improve local communities by:
- tackling a specific community issue;
- helping voluntary and community groups become more effective and efficient;
- encouraging the involvement in the community of those too often excluded; and
- enabling young people to develop skills for the benefit of the community.
Facts and Figures
In its first year:
- the DWF Foundation raised more than £80,000;
- over 150 employees have taken part in challenge events to support the Foundation;
- the Foundation has supported over 30 charities;
- it is estimated that over 1,500 people have benefitted from the support of the Foundation;
- together, our people have swum, cycled and ran over 2,000 miles in support of the DWF Foundation.
Our vision is to encourage all our people to work together as a catalyst for change.