The topic of Neurodiversity will be the theme for this year's Mock Tribunal. Neuro-divergent conditions, including ADHD, autism, dyspraxia, dyslexia and dyscalculia have all been recognised by Employment Tribunals as disabilities. The development of neurodiversity in the law is growing each day. The law on disability discrimination is complex. Neuro-divergent conditions are sometimes classed as "hidden disabilities", we will explore when an employer is deemed to have knowledge of the disability and what reasonable adjustments might be appropriate.
Both sides at our Mock Tribunal believe they are in the right. Come and see the issues unfold and take the chance, alongside our genuine lawyers, to cross-examine the witnesses.
- As part of a simulated Tribunal hearing, participants will understand:
- What it feels like to be in a Tribunal situation – you will witness this as close to the real experience as possible, including who will be in the room and what happens
- Some aspects of the law concerning unfair dismissal
- Discrimination issues relating to Protected Characteristics
- How employers end up in a Tribunal
- How evidence should be presented
- How evidence can be interpreted
- Who wins!
Who should attend?
HR Managers, HR Partners, Heads of HR, HR Directors, Line Managers, Diversity practitioners; in-house Lawyers and others who want to know more about discrimination law, who are responsible for HR policy or have a people management responsibility.