Our team has fought over 100 arbitrations around the world in front of tribunals drawn from many different jurisdictions and involving all the major arbitral institutions. We draw on all our experience to deliver the optimum outcome against clear budgets, an agreed strategy and a full understanding of our client's objectives.
How do we do this?
- A team of over 40 civil law and common law lawyers capable of conducting proceedings in English, French, German, Arabic, Russian and other languages based in our London, Paris, German and Dubai hubs
- Experience acting for claimants and respondents across all sectors and working with industry and sector specialists from our wider team
- Supported by our team of in-house forensic accountants and litigation PR when required
- Actively engaging with funders and insurers and implementing risk sharing costs arrangements
- Working with local counsel or as sole advisors
- Providing strategic dispute management services where issues affect multiple jurisdictions or dispute resolution processes
We represent clients in their most significant disputes as well as their commercial battles.
Examples of our team's experience includes:
- Representing the UK government in an LCIA arbitration against a US owned contractor in a multiple £hundreds of millions technology dispute
- Successfully challenging a defective award under state law
- Representing a major technology supplier in one of the biggest disputes of its kind against a national government
- Several ICC arbitrations for state gas companies against foreign investor owned counterparties
- Representing a UK listed pharmaceutical company in LCIA proceedings against an Indian conglomerate
- Representig a BVI ship owner in claims against insurers under LMAA rules