Ailbhe deals with all aspects of insurance litigation including insurance disputes, product liability, professional indemnity, financial litigation, catastrophic injury and large loss claims, as well as debt recovery, employers and public liability and commercial disputes surrounding contracts and associated risk management issues.
Ailbhe has significant experience negotiating, settling and running cases from District through to High Court levels. Ailbhe is a member of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association Litigation Committee.
Examples of recent claims include:
- Claims involving tax advices.
- Claims against architects and engineers for loss, damage and expense suffered, sustained and incurred by parties by reason of the negligence and/or breach of duty and/or breach of contract and/or breach of covenant on the part of the professional, its servants and/or agents.
- Claims against Managing Agents for failing to maintain common areas, resulting in injuries.
- Catastrophic injuries involving minors.
- Significant objective and subjective injuries involving Caimant's with no insight into their injuries.
- Workplace accidents, including farm accidents leading to amputation; slip and falls and Occupier Liability claims.
- Fatal injuries; shoulder dystopia and perineal tears.
- Surgical injuries, such as retention of surgical products and ureter and kidney damage following a hysterectomy.
Outside of work Ailbhe is involved with Pieta House and their fundraising events, including the Darkness into Light walk. She is a keen squash player and enjoys walking, cycling and stand up paddle boarding.