Jonathan specialises in defending all manner of claims against solicitors, accountants and IFAs, as well as regulatory and disciplinary matters. He also advises on pure coverage disputes and professional minimum insurance terms.
He has particular expertise in resolving:
- Claims against accountants concerning audits (including of charities), Solicitors Accounts Rules inspections, tax and tax avoidance/mitigation, employee incentives, corporate advice and transactions, accounts work, trusteeships and attorneys and bankruptcies/liquidations.
- Claims against solicitors concerning family proceedings (ancillary relief and children), contentious probate, failed litigation and property fraud.
- Claims against IFAs concerning a wide range of investments, including pensions, bonds, unregulated collective investment schemes, land banking, term assurance, tax mitigation, endowments and commercial property, as well as the responsibilities of principals and Appointed Representatives/Registered Individuals.
- Regulatory and disciplinary investigations against accountants, IFAs and financial institutions, and their interaction with related civil claims.
- Actions by the SFO and HMRC against professionals.
- Complex coverage issues involving professionals and financial institutions, including the application of their relevant minimum insurance terms and with off-shore elements.
Jonathan regularly contributes to client newsletters and co-edits DWF's publications about accountants' liability and risks. He has spoken at client seminars, the IMC professional indemnity forum conference and at Infoline Complaints Management Forums.
Jonathan is ranked in the Legal 500 for Professional Negligence.
Jonathan is a member of DWF's Diversity & Inclusion Leadership Group, with responsibility for gender, men and parenting. He has spoken and blogged on these topics internally and externally.