He has particular expertise in recovering high value assets, such as business jets and yachts and repossession of commercial and domestic property which is the subject of secured lending.
Ritchie is experienced in dealing with fleet finance, fraud investigation, injunction applications, inter jurisdictional asset tracing and disputes. He advises on enforceability of loans and security (both regulated and unregulated), ARD, mediation and arbitration. He is well known in the industry for his tenacious approach, whilst exercising sound commercial judgment to obtain the best negotiated outcomes for his clients where possible and if not, a successful outcome at Court.
Examples of his work include:
- Acting for a private bank to recover possession of a commercial property in the London West End. The customer was a SPV whose ultimate beneficial owner and guarantor was an ultra-high net worth individual residing out of the jurisdiction. The property was successfully recovered and sold and a judgment obtained against the guarantor.
- Acting successfully for Tandrin Aviation Holdings Limited in a commercial dispute against Aero Toy Store LLC relating to the sale and purchase of a Bombardier Challenger model 605 corporate jet.
- Acting for a major finance company in a claim for the delivery of a business jet from a Cayman registered SPV and Russian end user with guarantor claims against a Floridian company. The dispute involved litigation in the UK, France and Bermuda and resulted in multi million pound recovery.
- Acting for two banks in respect of sums due under new and used fleet funding. The funding was backed by guarantees from three high net worth individuals. The matter proceeded to a five day trial, judgment was obtained and full recovery made.
- Acting for a high net worth individual in a product liability claim involving a business jet against a major US aircraft manufacturer.
- Representing Fortis Lease UK Limited successfully in the Court of Appeal in the case of Brewer-v-Mann in relation to the financing of a vintage Bentley.