Job Code: 27708/SC
Practice Area: IT
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
Provision of initial IT support to the firm (as a whole) and to other IT functions. This is achieved by responding to inbound telephone calls, emails and service requests, logging all requests into the IT Helpdesk software and escalating where appropriate to other IT functions.
Responsible to: Service Desk Team Leader / Service Desk Manager
Liaison with: IT Team, Partners, Legal Advisers and Business Support, and 3rd party vendors to facilitate resolution of issues.
- To be responsible for assisting all the firm’s people with their questions about any of the firm’s software and computing platforms to the best of his/her ability in a positive and enthusiastic, professional and courteous manner.
- Deliver outstanding customer service through understanding the customers IT and Business needs.
- To take full ownership of issues and always be willing to find answers to all questions addressed to them.
- To log all requests received or updates with a high level of quality, maintaining detailed and accurate records into the IT Service Desk ticketing system.
- To be ready to research questions using a variety of manuals and resources, and to work with other IT Functions, DWF people and affiliated consulting organisations in answering any customer's question and pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- To familiarise with and contribute to IT knowledge base and other information resources and take every opportunity to self – learn.
- To be expected to stay abreast of current news, system information, problems, changes and updates relevant to our customer community.
- To answer calls and strictly adhere to Service Level Agreements
- To interpret instructions and issues arising, and then implement actions according to administrative policies and procedures.
- To communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between customers / suppliers / visitors / enquirers and relevant people, and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Exemplary Customer Service skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and a highly service-orientated approach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive both of corporate / client objectives and of team members.
- To be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- To have excellent organisational and time management skills with experience of meeting targets and deadlines.
- To contribute in team meetings.
- To be detail-orientated with significant emphasis on quality of work.
- To have the ability to work as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment and under own initiative
- Outstanding trouble-shooting skills.
Possess a detailed working knowledge of some or all of the following:-
- Microsoft Operating Systems Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Working within a Citrix environment
- Knowledge of ITIL principles or official accreditation.
- Working knowledge of a Case Management and Practice Management systems.
- Digital Dictation systems.
- Experience of working in a Legal/ Professional services industry in an IT capacity.
- Anti-Virus products and PC Security.
- PC hardware & peripheral devices.
- Network multifunction devices (Print / Copy / Scan).
- Mobile devices (Phones, Blackberries, iPhones).
The IT Service Desk operates a shift system to provide cover between 7am and 10pm. However out of hours support may be required including weekends.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation. Full training will be provided to the right candidate.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 27708/SC.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on firstname.lastname@example.org