Job Code: 21838/LG
Practice Group: Central Services
Recruitment Manager: Lindsey George
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
To support the Partner and Tax Accountant with maintenance of the firm’s accounting records and forecasts with reference to interests of the LLP’s members. The partners of the firm expect the records of their personal funds to be kept with absolute accuracy and to receive regular clear and accurate reports of their personal position and forecasts of their future distributions and tax payments.
- To work alongside the Partner and Tax Accountant as a contact for partners regarding profit share and taxation matters. Liaison with partners, tax advisors, HMRC, external auditors and banks.
- Maintain the general ledger records in respect of each partner’s capital, current and tax account.
- Assist in the provision of accurate and timely information, including accurate forecasts of drawings, distributions, tax retentions and tax payments.
- Ensure all partnership capital account matters are dealt with effectively and efficiently. Including liaising with new partners on the introduction of new capital and the arranging of bank finance as required, maintaining schedules of capital outstanding and proactively following those up to ensure the firm receives injections of new capital as they fall due. To be the primary contact for banks who provide partnership capital loans to our partners and to report internally on the quantum of facilities in place with each lending bank and the remaining facilities available.
- Assist in the provision of monthly schedules to HR to confirm the monthly partner drawing to be paid.
- As part of the finance team’s monthly processes, to carry out monthly reconciliations of capital, current and tax reserves to the general ledger, and of year to date profit allocated.
- Support the provision of accurate short term and long term cash flow forecasts by maintaining and providing accurate forecasts of payments expected to be made.
- Holder of, or studying towards, a recognised professional accounting or tax qualification;
- Excellent communication skills in order to liaise with Partners on personal financial matters
- High level of attention to detail with significant emphasis on quality of work
- Experience working in a Tax department is essential
- Sound commercial awareness;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with experience of meeting targets and deadlines;
- Very strong IT skills including Microsoft Excel. SQL or Access experience is desirable;
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 21838/LG
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Lindsey George on firstname.lastname@example.org