Practice Area: Central Services, Risk & Compliance / Business Excellence Team
Office: Manchester, with travel throughout UK
Main function of job
Conducting independent firm wide audits in line with agreed audit programmes. Undertaking audits and reviews to monitor and report upon compliance to internal DWF procedures, regulatory and best practice standards eg: the latest Solicitors’ Code of Conduct, Law Society of Scotland/ Ireland’s Rules and Guidance, LEXCEL Practice Management Standards, ISO 9001, Key Service Level Agreements, etc. Working with other members of the Business Excellence team to analyse and report statistics, reviewing any risk issues and opportunities for improvement. Liaising with all practice groups and management teams to develop, monitor and ensure all quality standards are met.
- Responsible to: Audit Manager
- Liaison with: Business Excellence Team, Risk Management & Excellence Team, CRMC, Practice Groups, Central Services Teams, Management Teams.
- To support the Business Excellence team in developing the firm wide annual programme of internal audits
- To conduct firm wide audits in accordance with the audit programme. To provide an independent appraisal of the effectiveness and compliance with DWF procedures, SLA’s and regulatory requirements
- To provide written reports detailing the findings and trends at specific audit level, at Practice Group level and firm wide level as appropriate
- To personally feedback to all levels, including senior management on the findings of the audit and to articulate effectively, reasons for scoring of audit findings
- To raise corrective and preventive actions, where necessary, based on the audit findings, identification of timescales for action to be taken and tracking through to completion
- To make recommendations on the findings of the audits, where necessary, based on the audit findings and identifying timescales for implementation
- To monitor implementation of actions, to chase and escalate where necessary and according to timescales
- To identify areas for improvement and to make recommendations on improvements to DWF policies, procedures and systems as best practice is identified
- To undertake delivery of ISO9001 coaching sessions across the business and support colleagues in understanding ISO9001 requirements
- To feed into the Audit Manager regular review of the DWF internal audit process
- To act as an advocate of the EFQM Excellence Model and of DWF Excellence, and support DWF Excellence as an Excellence Contributor
- To undertake additional activities or projects to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Business Excellence Team
The above is not an exhaustive list and there is an expectation that different tasks will be performed as necessitated by changes to the organisation, the team and the overall business objectives of DWF.
Key Skills and Behaviours
- Experience of conducting independent internal audits across a range of procedures, processes, regulatory standards and quality management systems in an objective manner.
- Good working knowledge of the Law and/or insurance industry and associated processes or procedures.
- Previous experience of working within a legal or otherwise regulated environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate audit findings in both written form and verbally to stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to develop rapport and build upon positive working relationships with people and put them at ease during audits.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task work streams, managing own time.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as being a good team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Well organised with a smart and professional approach.
- Enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ positive attitude.
- Strong PC skills with an organised approach to document storage.
- Uses initiative and creativity in problem solving.
- Excellent accuracy skills with a keen eye for attention to detail.
- Willing to undertake additional training and development as necessary.
- Willing to promote the activities of the Business Excellence team.
At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role / environment.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 17794/LG
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Recruitment Enquiries on firstname.lastname@example.org