Job Code: 28579/SH
Practice Area: Client Development
Recruitment Partner: Sam Houghton
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Responsible to: Head of Bids / Operational Bid Manager
Main function of job:
The Bid Executive will sit within the Operational Bid team and will be a key member of the team ensuring that our bids/proposals are produced to a high standard and continue to support our winning value conversion of in excess of 80%.
This individual should be a self-starter, enthusiastic to learn and develop and should have excellent IT skills. They will be required to project manage and complete low – medium value bids in line with the bid IMPACT process for DWF and work to the best practice protocol which is implemented across the firm. Support will also be required in the development of high value bids and pitches and to support in the implementation of the bid projects, where required.
The Bid Executive will handle tenders, proposals and capability statements. They will take responsibility for working with the wider Bid team and lawyers on winning strategies tailored for each client/prospect opportunity. This involves overseeing timely production of high quality documents or presentations and liaising with lawyers to convert the opportunity.
• Work with the Bids and wider Client Development team to support the business and our lawyers in developing winning bid documentation. For all opportunities between £100k and £250k in value.
• Develop and manage the project plan, drive key milestones, work with partners to produce drafts for editing, develop meaningful cases studies and assist in preparing fee-earners for meetings and presentations.
• Work with the Bids Managers to contribute and project manage bids, or elements of bids, including facilitating and coordinating meetings, contributing to the strategy and messaging, drafting and reviewing content from a sales perspective.
• Support the Head of Bids and Senior Managers in delivering a range of bid projects as and when required.
• Support the delivery of high value bids (>£250k in value) for the benefit of the business.
• Oversee the maintenance of the central repository/bids library of information which can be accessed by others areas of the firm, proactively adding to it after each pitch to improve the knowledge base.
• Ensure all proposal and tender opportunities are tracked within the Firm’s CRM system from when the opportunity becomes live through to post review feedback.
• Ensure consistent quality of approach is implemented on a national basis in line with the recommendations outlined within the bid IMPACT process.
• Ensure all tenders are brand compliant.
• Experience in prioritising tasks and working to tight deadlines
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience of producing client communications working within brand guidelines
• The ability to work to deadlines and attention to detail is essential
• Degree qualified
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number: 28579/SH.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sam Houghton on Sam.Houghton@dwf.law.
No agency CVs will be accepted unless formally instructed on this specific role by the Recruitment Team.