Job Code: 29482/SC
Practice Area: Client Development
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Head of Bids / Operational Bid Manager
Main function of job:
This role is for a temporary position to cover maternity leave.
The Bid Manager will play a critical role delivering new mid-size bids (£250k+) to ensure that DWF grows top line revenue. The Bid Manager will sit within the operational bid team and report to Head of Bids. They will generate high quality, persuasive business development materials which create a compelling case for change.
The Bid Manager will drive the bid IMPACT process and deliver; planning meetings, bid:no bid meetings, launch meetings, story boarding sessions and pricing discussions. They will also be expected to support Senior Managers and the Head of Bids on high value pitch opportunities, which assist in winning new business and retaining key accounts in the firm's client portfolio.
This high-visibility business critical position calls for a strong communications professional with excellent writing, project management and collaboration skills.
Working as a part of a high performance pre-established national bid team, this role requires the individual to undertake pre-pitch client research, in addition to acting as a facilitator/advisor on formal/informal pitches to support the lawyers in winning/acquiring new business.
- Work the other Bid Managers and Executives to deliver and support the business and our lawyers in developing winning bid documentation.
- Planning and managing the bid from outset to closure. Proactive project management of complete tender process, including strategy, design, drafting, review and production.
- Qualifying and quantifying all opportunities to understand cost effective tendering and offer an informed bid/no bid decision.
- Ensure consistent quality of approach is implemented on a national basis, and that bid strategy is applied according to formal bid IMPACT process protocol.
- Develop themes and brainstorm best visual representation of proposals and presentation to secure bid wins.
- To have awareness of the issues faced by client organisations in the relevant sector and the role of a professional support services group in delivering commercial, financial and technical expertise to these clients.
- Develop and share innovations that raise the game in DWFs approach to bids.
- Ability to nurture and promote compliance to the DWF brand across all channels.
- To work proactively with DWF Central Services teams e.g. Finance, HR etc; to ensure an integrated approach is applied to all tender opportunities.
- To undertake win:loss reviews with decision makers.
- To attend weekly team meetings to assess and review firm wide pipeline opportunities.
- Proactively engage with individuals across the firm to identify pipeline opportunities.
- Ensure that all bids meet the strict commercial parameters including gross margin and minimum contract size.
- Overseeing overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- At least 2 years experience working within a bid team and project managing your own bids
- Proven experience of delivering success within a bid role
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively
- The ability to work to deadlines and attention to detail is essential
- Degree qualified
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number: 29482/SC.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on Sarah.Curran@dwf.law.
No agency CVs will be accepted unless formally instructed on this specific role by the Recruitment Team.