Job Code: 26760/SC
Practice Area: Finance
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Credit Control form part of the Working Capital team based in Manchester.
Main function of job
To work with the Legal Advisers to ensure that billing and the management of work in progress on client matters is carried out promptly and efficiently.
Responsible to: Commercial Billing Team Leader
Liaison with: Contact and liaison with employees at all levels within DWF.
- Maintaining a close understanding of Work in Progress and disbursement balances in the designated PG
- Dealing with interim, final and disbursement billing
- Producing monthly bills for the Practice Group
- Working closely with the Senior Revenue Controller with regard to Work In Progress issues and reviews
- Dealing with all billing and ledger queries, including creating credit notes where needed;
- Liaising with other members within the Finance department to ensure queries are dealt with quickly
- Assisting with data cleanse of new matter creation to ensure billing frequencies and arrangements are correct for the matter
- Liaising with legal advisers and credit control team to ensure that unpaid bills and disbursements are collected promptly
- Ensuring at all times that general administration duties are kept up to date and in line with the operational standards e.g. filing/ archiving etc;
- Chasing Proforma’s and escalating and non-compliance.
- To provide cover between the hours of 9.00am – 5.30pm and have a flexible approach to working hours and overtime as and when the business requires
- Undertaking any others duties that are deemed necessary to support the Compliance team and the DWF business as and when required
- Following all the Firm’s policies and procedures
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Experience in a busy finance environment;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced dynamic environment Successfully manage multiple tasks & priorities;
- Strong time management & demonstrate experience in meeting deadlines & targets;
- Proactive / self-starter with positive can do attitude;
- Attention to detail & deliver high quality work;
- Change orientation approach to role;
- Excellent interpersonal & team work skills cultivating long term relationships at all levels of own & customer’s organisation;
- Excellent verbal & written communication;
- Flexible approach to working hours including the need to work overtime as and when required.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 26760/SC.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on email@example.com