Job Code: 28627/SC
Practice Area: Central Services
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
About The Role:
DWF requires a Team Lead to join the Development Team to drive development of our case management system.
The candidate must be professional, confident and able to communicate with all areas of the business. They should ideally be from a professional services/legal background; must have strong analytical and problem solving abilities; be client focused; should be support-oriented with an ability to communicate effectively with clients, both internally and externally. It is also essential that the candidate is able to comprehend fully a project’s business aspects, keeping up with ethics, regulatory and legal issues.
The ideal candidate will also have good organisational skills; be able to prioritise effectively, be self-motivated and self-directed with an ability to execute tasks independently. They must be able to analyse work packages, break the work down into deliverables and then supervise the delivery of these, following standard release procedures. They will be required to line manage individuals and support their personal development.
• Responsible for line management within the Development Team, including contractor resource, ensuring team are following agreed processes and reporting as required.
• Take ownership of the product backlog, ratifying requests that add value and prioritising them effectively.
• Compile regular reporting on change backlog for all ongoing work, including team productivity
• Analyse work packages by undertaking discovery work to provide estimates on development effort and assign to appropriately-skilled team members.
• Work with the Applications Development Manager to help implement strategy and ensure team compliance
• To take ownership of escalated issues through to successful resolution, communicating regularly with the business and management
• Educate the team to ensure working practices comply with ISO 27001 and fully prepared for any associated audits
• Develop, review and update Dev policies, procedures, methodologies and best practice that enable the effective operation of the development team.
• Manage stakeholder expectations throughout the development lifecycle
• Be comfortable in making decisions and be able to recognise the implications of such decisions across different areas of the Firm.
• Participate in the analysis of trends and common issues to prevent future problems.
• Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
• Work closely with other members of the IT development and support teams to offer integrated solutions.
• Work in partnership with other departments as required ensuring correct exchange of knowledge and successful transition of developments into production.
• To acquire new skills as and when required.
• To keep up to date with technical knowledge and industry developments.
• Liaise with 3rd party vendors to facilitate solutions were applicable and ensure resolution of outstanding issues.
• To follow the defined procedure for processing work requests and recording development time.
• To follow all the Firm’s policies and procedures.
• To work in accordance with the Firm’s standards, protocols and service level agreements.
• To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
The Position requires demonstrable experience of:
• People management and the ability to lead and influence others
• Management of a development backlog, allocating tasks, prioritising work items
Familiarity with the following methodologies and technologies is highly desirable:
• Legal Case Management solutions, preferably Linetime Liberate
• Recoveries / Collections legal workflows
• Agile Software Development e.g. SCRUM
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number: 28627/SC.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on Sarah.Curran@dwf.law.
No agency CVs will be accepted unless formally instructed on this specific role by the Recruitment Team.