Job Code: 27053/SC
Practice Area: Finance
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Credit Control and Revenue Control form part of the Working Capital team based in Manchester.
Role Summary / Purpose
This role requires a creative clear thinker & energetic performer who excites & inspires others. Join a culture of teamwork & imagination that fosters a result driven environment & professional expertise.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a high calibre credit professional to apply credit & collection techniques & best practices ensuring consistent debt management & cash performance.
Responsible to: Credit & Collections Team Leader.
Liaison with: Finance team, Partners, fee earners and secretaries. External clients and customers.
- Proactively contact clients / internal contacts for prompt collection or resolution of aged receivables;
- Drive cash flow & debtor day targets by strong portfolio management & relationship building;
- Work with relevant client partners & practice groups to achieve all Firm KPI’s where applicable;
- Resolve customer receivable issues, disputes & claims with revenue control teams & practice groups;
- Full day to day management of assigned portfolio by accurate codification, collections comments & dispute identification;
- Ensure appropriate prioritisation techniques & timely follow up on all outstanding debts;
- Develop excellent relationships with key contacts within the client’s organisation;
- Raise the profile of the credit control department within the Firm;
- Engage key stakeholders & continuously drive credit control strategy by building relationships to convert to direct client contact;
- Control & manage the statement / dunning process;
- Reconciliation of client accounts;
- Use imagination & clear thinking techniques to improve processes & deliver excellent service to the Firm;
- Drive recommendations of referral for further action when full collections techniques are exhausted to recover bad debts;
- Work as part of a team to ensure additional credit control tasks are undertaken;
- Proactively manage client account balances by working closely with relevant fee earners;
- Analyse portfolio & have strong control over estimated cash collection & debt status throughout the month;
- Ensure all cash receipts & transfers comply with the “solicitors accounts rules” requirements & are properly accounted for;
- Attend & contribute to credit control team meetings;
- Travel to other locations when required.
- Experience in a busy credit control role;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced dynamic environment demonstrating success at reducing aged debts & improving metrics;
- Successfully manage multiple tasks & priorities;
- Strong time management & demonstrate experience in meeting deadlines & targets;
- Proactive / self starter with positive can do attitude;
- Attention to detail & deliver high quality work;
- Change orientation approach to role;
- Excellent interpersonal & team work skills cultivating long term relationships at all levels of own & customer’s organisation;
- Excellent verbal & written communication;
- Be customer focused;
- Desire for personal & professional development;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Member of the ICM (desired);
- Flexible approach to working hours.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 27053/SC
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on email@example.com