Job Code: 26526/SC
Practice Area: Finance
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Credit Control and Revenue Control form part of the Working Capital team based in Manchester.
Role Summary / Purpose
This role requires creative strong leader who is performance driven and can excite and inspire others. Join a culture of teamwork and imagination that fosters a result driven environment and professional expertise.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a high calibre credit professional to lead and develop the credit control team to achieve business objectives ensuring consistent debt management and cash performance.
Responsible to: Credit Manager.
Responsible for: Credit and Collection Specialists
Liaison with: Finance team, Partners, fee earners and secretaries. External clients and customers.
- Day to day leadership responsibilities of credit control team
- Deliver weekly walk to target estimates for designated area of the Firm ensuring consistent rigorous collection activity is maintained in the team
- Drive robust collection of credit owned debt
- Escalate and eliminate roadblocks and issues to Practice Area Heads and Credit Manager
- Drive team to prioritize effectively to meet set portfolio targets and gain Firm buy in where applicable
- Train, motivate and develop the collections team in system and operational processes
- Act as escalation contact with clients
- Monitor teams performance on a regular basis and address performance issues where applicable
- Drive high performance within the collections team, including improving outgoing calls statistics
- Hold regular one on ones with collections team, documenting outcomes and action plans
- Monitor codification, collections comments and dispute management / identification;
- Ownership of a small selection of key partners to demonstrate best practice within the team.
- Attend Practice Area meetings to improve engagement with the credit team and improve collection performance
- Ownership of specific reporting tasks for the business and credit control team
- Use imagination and clear thinking techniques to improve processes and deliver excellent service to the Firm
- Deputise Credit Manager where applicable
- Travel to other locations when required
Requirements / Qualifications
- Experience of managing a large team;
- Experience of debt management within a busy credit function;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced dynamic environment demonstrating success at reducing aged debts and improving metrics;
- Experience driving business solutions through influence and collaboration;
- Ability to demonstrate successfully managing multiple tasks and priorities;
- Strong time management and demonstrate experience in meeting deadlines and targets;
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills cultivating long term relationships at all levels of own and customers organisation;
- Proactive / self starter with positive can do attitude;
- Attention to detail and deliver high quality work;
- Ability to implement strategic initiatives across collection teams;
- Change orientation approach to role;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer focused approach;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Member of the ICM (desired);
- Previous project management and process improvement experience (desired);
- Flexible approach to working hours;
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 26526/SC.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on firstname.lastname@example.org