Job Code: 22438/LG
Practice Area: IT
Recruitment Partner: Lindsey George
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Out IT Development team is based in Manchester but we are also happy to consider candidates based in Leeds or Liverpool as well.
DWF requires a Developer to join the Insurance Development Team in developing the case management system.
The candidate must be professional, confident and able to communicate with all areas of the business. They should ideally be from a professional services/legal background; must have strong analytical and problem solving abilities; be client focused; should be support-oriented with an ability to communicate effectively with clients, both internally and externally. It is also essential that the candidate is able to comprehend fully a project’s business aspects, keeping up with ethics, regulatory and legal issues.
The ideal candidate will also have good organisational skills; be able to prioritise effectively, be self-motivated and self-directed with an ability to execute tasks independently.
- Develop and maintain applications that impact the operations of DWF LLP or enhance the client's perception of DWF LLP.
- Full lifecycle application development.
- Carry out analysis into business requirements and document appropriately.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
- Perform software analysis on applications to identify areas for improvement.
- Designing software around end users’ needs, that is intuitive and easy to use.
- Develop existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification.
- Be comfortable in making decisions and be able to recognise the implications of such decisions across different areas of the Firm.
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
- Participate in the analysis of trends and common issues to prevent future problems.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Testing new programs, fault finding and diagnosing.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Work closely with other members of the IT development and support teams to offer integrated solutions.
- Work in partnership with other departments as required ensuring correct exchange of knowledge and successful transition of developments into production.
- To acquire new skills as and when required.
- To keep up to date with technical knowledge and industry developments.
- To work on various development projects as required by the business and to agreed timescales.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors to facilitate solutions were applicable and ensure resolution of outstanding issues.
- To follow the defined procedure for processing work requests and recording development time.
- To follow all the Firm’s policies and procedures.
- To work in accordance with the Firm’s standards, protocols and service level agreements.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
The Position requires Technical experience gained from hands-on development in:
Familiarity with the following methodologies and technologies is highly desirable
- Finance / Practice Management Solutions (ideally 3e)
- Legal workflows, particularly Insurance
- RAD/Agile Software Development
- Client-scripting languages, esp. VBScript.
- Webservices & XML
- SQL Server / T-SQL
- Microsoft .NET
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.