Job Code: 24775/LG
Practice Area: Business Support
Recruitment Partner: Lindsey George
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Working as a member of a small team for one of Europe’s 50 most innovative law firms, you will help the Senior Digital Marketing Manager develop solid foundations for digital success and innovation. You will be involved in managing and reporting on all aspects of DWF’s online presence, keeping the business up to date with industry developments and shaping the digital transformation of this growing, innovative business.
Supported by the Senior Digital Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee the management and optimisation of DWF’s online footprint
- Develop scientific insight on digital performance that help guide priorities and future approaches
- Develop Governance and processes to support the growth of digital activity
- Help grow the knowledge of, exposure to and engagement with Digital Channels throughout the business / drive the adoption of digital best practice
- Assist wider project teams in a consultative manner to deliver measurable outcomes from campaign activity
- Work with IT to review and deliver improvements to the system infrastructure
- Work with the wider client development team towards lead attribution modelling.
- Continually seeking process and governance improvement opportunities, as well as opportunities to innovate
- Benchmark and performance reporting on projects and all digital channels
- Manage external Email Marketing activity
- Monitor digital industry trends, as well as changes to digital tools and applications, keeping the business abreast of impact and opportunities.
- Create experiments to test new approaches at DWF with the view of scaling them across the business.
- Develop the digital training programme and provide training to all levels of staff to help them set up and optimise their social media presence
- Strong industry experience, preferably B2B agency side
- Good understanding of digital tactics and measurement; Social, SEO, PPC, Content Marketing, Ux Design
- Good technical knowledge of tools and systems to support digital activity; CMS, email marketing & analytics software, social media management tools
- Exceptional analytical skills and be results orientated.
- Keen interest in industry developments and social media
- Experience in managing multiple social media channels
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 24775/LG.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Lindsey George on Lindsey.George@dwf.law.