Job Code: Entry-Level Finance/CH
Practice Area: Finance
Recruitment Partner: Caitlin Horsfield
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
DWF has a variety of roles within the finance function across various teams for motivated self-starters seeking to begin or further their career in finance. We are currently seeking to build a pipeline of talent for the below positions:
- Perform bank reconciliations and various tasks related to cash management whilst working closely with the Cashiering Team and Purchase Ledger team to ensure accuracy and completeness of financials.
- Process incoming invoices and liaising with internal and external customers to ensure accuracy of creditors.
- Maintain finance systems and provide recommendations for system improvements.
- Work with Legal Advisers to ensure that billing and the management of work in progress on client matters is carried out promptly and efficiently.
- Key interface between the Practice Group and Working Capital in relation to WIP management. Work with Legal Advisers within the Practice Group to ensure that work in progress balances on client matters are accurate and aged WIP is reviewed & challenged effectively to drive increased sales and revenue.
- Work with Legal Advisers and the Working Capital Team to ensure that new and existing matters are set up correctly in accordance with the client service level agreement (including billing arrangements, frequencies, and all relevant matter queries).
Credit and Collections
- Proactively contact clients / internal contacts for prompt collection or resolution of aged receivables, build external relationships and work with internal and external stakeholders to achieve KPIs.
- Assist with banking and cash allocation, monitoring financial information for the production of KPIs, making client and office payments, ensuring compliance with statutory rules and ensuring all information required by clients is available in order to meet relevant deadlines.
- Experience in a busy finance environment or finance knowledge through study;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced dynamic environment;
- Successfully manage multiple tasks & priorities;
- Strong time management & demonstrate experience in meeting deadlines & targets;
- Proactive / self-starter with positive can do attitude;
- Attention to detail & deliver high quality work;
- Change orientation approach to role;
- Excellent interpersonal & team work skills cultivating long term relationships at all levels of own & customer’s organisation;
- Excellent verbal & written communication;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
Competitive remuneration, potential for study support and progression opportunities available.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number Entry-Level Finance/CH.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Caitlin Horsfield on Caitlin.Horsfield@dwf.law.
No agency CVs will be accepted unless formally instructed on this specific role by the Recruitment Team.