Job Code: 25834/SC
Practice Area: Central Services
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
Supporting the operational and administrative functioning of a Practice Group/Practice Area whilst learning and developing the key skills and experience required for a paralegal.
Responsible to: Secretarial & Administrative Team Leader.
Liaison with: Designated Fee Earner(s) / Legal Adviser(s), all employees, external clients and service providers.
- Capture and completion of client, party and matter details in the relevant system
- Coordinate information from Fee Earners to resolve conflict of interest scenarios
- Liaison with CMW and Compliance Teams to verify changes to controlled data
- Opening of new clients on databases
- Opening cases on relevant case management systems
- Assisting in the provision / maintenance of management information
- File management – archiving, house keeping of files & closure, both hard copy and using various systems
- To maintain the library and information sheets
- Photocopying and scanning documents
- Dealing with incoming/ outgoing post
- Maintain court diaries
- General administrative tasks including, photocopying and ensuring correct changes are applied, general maintenance as and when required
- Work with agreed method and case management tools
- To follow all the Firm's policies and procedures
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Basic to intermediate IT and keyboard skills with knowledge of Word, Excel and database programmes.
- Knowledge of relevant document and case management systems.
- Excellent administration / organisational skills.
- Ability to work to set deadlines and service levels.
- A good team spirit with proven team working skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 25834/SC.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on firstname.lastname@example.org