Job Code: 21995/CH
Practice Area: Finance
Recruitment Partner: Caitlin Horsfield
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job:
To assist with the preparation and analysis of financial and statutory reporting and own financial information within the balance sheet, ensuring that all information is accurate and timely.
a. Responsible to: Financial Accounting Lead
b. Liaison with: Finance team, Finance Business Partners, Working Capital team, Cash team, Management Accounting Team and External Auditors
c. Direct reports: N/A
1. Complete all statutory reporting, including statutory accounts, VAT and other regulatory reporting;
2. Ensure the information within the balance sheet and cash flow are accurate and ensure all controls are operating effectively to protect the integrity of financial information;
3. Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring all amounts are allocated to the correct ledgers and all balance sheet values are appropriate;
4. Develop flexible and scalable financial models to support investment opportunities;
5. Own cash flow analysis and maintenance on a daily basis, ensuring accuracy of information;
6. Work with the Financial Control team to identify areas for process improvement/ automation, and to implement solutions, working with the Finance Systems team and IT team as appropriate;
7. Prepare the Statutory Accounts and coordinate the statutory audit, including interaction with the audit field team;
8. Respond to ad hoc queries regarding statutory reporting and cash, including VAT, cash forecasting and statutory accounts; and
9. Contribute to preparation of month end management information as appropriate.
• Holder of a recognised professional accounting qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent);
• Knowledge of Regulatory Reporting;
• Experience of preparation of statutory accounts;
• Knowledge of VAT;
• Excellent communication skills and excellent organisational and time management skills with experience of meeting targets and deadlines;
• Good people management skills with the ability to lead and inspire;
• Very strong IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, SQL; and
• High level of attention to detail with significant emphasis on quality of work.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number: 21995/CH.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Caitlin Horsfield on Caitlin.Horsfield@dwf.law.
No agency CVs will be accepted unless formally instructed on this specific role by the Recruitment Team.