Job Code: 27921/CH
Practice Area: Business Intelligence
Recruitment Partner: Caitlin Horsfield
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
The Business Intelligence team is at the forefront of providing Finance, Operational and Client insight across all divisions in DWF.
The FP&A team within Business Intelligence are a key resource to support DWF in its Margin & Growth strategy. FP&A Analysts will evaluate and analyse financial and operational data to make recommendations and proactively work with the business to identify opportunities and drive performance improvements.
Responsible to: Head of FP&A
Liaison with: Head of Business Intelligence, Finance Team, CEO’s, COO’s, CFO, PGP’s, PAP’s, IT Development, Business Improvement, Client Partners
Success in this role will mean relationship building, commercial insight, process improvement and elements of project management as well as the core finance reporting deliverables.
The role will take ownership and accountability for the accurate and timely periodic BAU reporting, including input into the planning & budget process.
The role will provide bespoke analysis to support specific initiatives and forward looking analytics to inform strategic and operational planning for both its allocated product lines and across DWF as required.
It is anticipated the FP&A Analyst will assume specific focus on, and become the subject matter expert in, the areas of
- Client Profitability
- Resource Planning & Utilisation
- Margin drivers
Supporting the business in the interpretation of firm wide KPI’s, the role will be pivotal in the education of non-finance P&L owners and the promotion of self-service analytics via our BI tool QlikView.
Providing insight to COO’s and PGP’s to equip them to challenge operational performance at Divisional, Practice Group and Team level.
Working with the HR Business Partners and Operational Leads to model & interpret Business Planning to inform the requirements for the current and future structure of teams to optimise margin.
Collaboratively work with the other members of the BI team to share knowledge and deliver a 360 Financial, Operational & Client Centre of Excellence to the business; identifying gaps and continual improvements in the reporting and insight provision.
Work with the wider Finance Team to identify gaps and improvements in processes to deliver an enhanced finance service offering to the business
Deliver effective communication and training to legal advisors to ensure BI is being utilised in the business as effectively as possible.
- Is a key member of the Finance Team reporting to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
- Expected to establish a highly credible and professional working relationship with COO’s Operational Leads and P&L Owners (PGP’s)
- IT Team and Business Improvement – IT systems will play a key role in the future reporting and processes across DWF.
- Business Development – support the tender process and initiatives to improve Client Profitability.
Key skills and competencies
- A highly analytical approach, able to evaluate information critically
- Demonstrate keen commercial awareness and the ability to provide 'value-add' insight to management. Proven experience of delivering data and analysis into the business, anticipating future requirements
- Ability to succinctly communicate and interpret what the analytics mean; identify opportunities and deliver recommendations or propose remedial actions
- Experience and demonstrable ability to build trusted relationships with partners, develop effective working relationships and manage multiple work streams
- Ability to deliver difficult messages whilst maintaining the business’s trust and goodwill
- Experience of influencing and working collaboratively across organisational boundaries
- Demonstrable financial modelling and analysis skills
- Willing and able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, particularly at certain times of the month/year willing to work flexibly and travel as the role requires. Strong work ethic
- CCAB qualified accountant
- Focuses on Solutions
- Learns & Shares Knowledge
- Manages Relationships
- Self-motivation and Time Management
- Adapts to Change
- Delivers Results
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 27921/CH.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Caitlin Horsfield on firstname.lastname@example.org