Job Code: 29296/CH
Practice Area: Business Intelligence
Recruitment Partner: Caitlin Horsfield
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job:
As FP&A Lead the main purpose of your role is to provide insight, analysis and challenge to the group's financial performance, leading a high performing team of FP&A Analysts.
Take the lead responsibility for financial planning, forecasting and budgeting to Gross Margin, production of management information and performance monitoring.
Be a key senior figure within the Finance team who drives collaboration and strong working relationships between the FP&A Analysts and other finance teams.
- Responsible to: Head of Business Intelligence
- Liaison with: Finance Team, CEO’s, COO’s, CFO, PGP’s, PAP’s, IT Development, Business Improvement, Client Partners
- Success in this role will mean relationship building, commercial insight, process improvement and clear communication on the potential threats and opportunities for current year performance.
- Manages the FP&A function and ensures the provision of quality MI on a timely basis to the Board, Executives and other senior managers as required; translating the overall business objectives into clear deliverables for the FP&A team.
- Act as the main point of contact for the CEOs and COOs and work closely with them to establish the strategic objectives for the business. Establish a highly credible and professional working relationship with PGPs, PAPs and other Partners.
- The role will take ownership and accountability for providing timely, insightful and strategically focussed MI to COO’s and PGP’s to equip them to challenge operational performance & drive remedial actions to protect Gross Margin at Divisional, Practice Group and Team level.
- Act as a Key Leader in the Finance Transformation Programme and future Business transformation activities; educate the Business in the new provision of Insight & Analytics across all Divisions and the need to move P&L ownership up the operational structure.
- Challenge the way that we do things. Act as a change agent, working closely with the senior leaders of the business to adopt a forward looking, horizon scanning approach to the health and performance of their business unit. Work alongside COOs to identify areas where performance can be improved. Ensure the FB&A team work with these areas to drill into processes and workflows and help develop more efficient and profitable ways of working.
- Work directly with the operational leads of the business to monitor performance against budget including KPI performance and client fee projections.
- Manages the budgeting process to Gross Margin, including budgets, monthly high level forecasts and projected out-turns, undertake challenge and review sessions up to CEO level and ensure alignment to business strategic objectives.
- Working with the HR Business Partners and Operational Leads to model & interpret Business Planning to inform the requirements for the current and future structure of teams to optimise margin. Provide relevant and pragmatic insight and analysis (e.g. Practice Area; sector group; client) to improve the strategic and operational resource allocation process.
- Deliver financial modelling to the CEOs and PGPs around key aspects of the business. For example, net profitability for key teams, or impact of lateral hires and recruitment on team structure and profitability.
- Deliver Finance support as appropriate for any merger, acquisition and lateral hire activity.
- Supporting the business through pricing assessment on all tenders
- Work with the Finance Department to identify key improvements and changes to improve the ‘fee earner experience’, whether this be relating to MI, finance processes, systems or service levels.
- Working with the working Capital Team drive improved working capital management across the firm by ensuring FP&A Analysts work with Partners to provide clarity on roles and responsibilities and hold Partners accountable.
- Collaboratively work with the other members of the BI team to share knowledge and deliver a 360 Financial, Operational & Client Centre of Excellence to the business; identifying gaps and continual improvements in the reporting and insight provision.
- Is a key member of the Finance Team reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence
- Expected to establish a highly credible and professional working relationship with COO’s Operational Leads and P&L Owners (PGP’s)
- Business Development – support the tender process and initiatives to improve Client Profitability.
- Work alongside FBA's and BI team to ensure information is delivered in a timely fashion and tailored to the needs of the recipient.
- Strong financial background with relevant experience managing MI / FP&A activities
- Demonstrate keen commercial awareness and the ability to provide 'value-add' insight to management.
- Ability to succinctly communicate and interpret what the analytics mean; identify opportunities and deliver recommendations or propose remedial actions
- Experience and demonstrable ability to build trusted relationships with partners, develop effective working relationships and manage multiple work streams
- Ability to deliver difficult messages whilst maintaining the business’s trust and goodwill
- Experience of influencing and working collaboratively across organisational boundaries
- Demonstrable financial modelling and analysis skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Willing and able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, particularly at certain times of the month/year willing to work flexibly and travel as the role requires. Strong work ethic
- Qualified accountant
- Manages Relationships
- Delivers Results
- Self-motivation and Time Management
- Focuses on Solutions
- Learns & Shares Knowledge
- Adapts to Change
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email RECRUITER on EMAIL ADDRESS
No agency CVs will be accepted unless formally instructed on this specific role by the Recruitment Team.