Job Code: 21134/LG
Practice Group: Central Services
Recruitment Manager: Lindsey George
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
To develop and deliver the people plan for the Commercial and Insurance Division to meet both current and future business needs and ensure alignment to the Division’s and DWF’s overall business strategy.
Drive overall Division and Practice Group performance in line with the people plan.
To lead, manage and develop direct reports to achieve their potential and deliver a strategic People Investment service proposition.
- Act as the main strategic partner to the CEO’s and COO’s of the fee earning Divisions and work closely with them and their leadership teams to establish the strategic people objectives for the Divisions.
- Translate the business strategy and overall Divisions’ objectives into clear deliverables for the HRBP team within the Divisions and shape and join this up with the wider People Investment team. This will be via direct and matrix management to ensure that People Investment supports the execution of the business strategy.
- Understand the wider People Investment strategy and be able to translate this into purposeful services in each fee earning Division.
- Contribute to the development of the People Investment strategy to ensure the needs of areas of responsibility have solutions in place.
- Direct management of the Divisions’ HR Business Partner team in order to deliver the strategic objectives of each Practice Group within the Divisions and balance the resource: work stretch between the team to meet the business needs.
- Develop the HR Business Partners in order to ensure that their skills are maximised and that the balance of work is focussed on strategic delivery and true business partnering.
- Work closely with the leadership team within People Investment to ensure firm wide delivery is optimised
- Work to shape the thinking and plans of key members of the Firm’s leadership teams to deliver a Firm-wide and cross Practice Group approach to strategic execution, business planning and budgeting.
- Lead on the implementation of key People Investment practices and processes, including talent management, talent pipelining, resource planning, performance and talent review, pay review, promotions, succession and organisational design.
- Lead on business change, taking a people focused approach to both transformational and tactical changes, so productivity and disruption are managed and People Investment processes support the acceleration and embedding of change. This includes the leadership and management of M&A projects and lateral hire integration.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 21134/LG
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Lindsey George on firstname.lastname@example.org