Job Code: 21919/LG
Practice Area: People Investment
Recruitment Partner: Lindsey George
Office: London based (covering the south of England offices, including Milton Keynes & Bristol)
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
Pro-actively support the operation of the business by providing an effective and professional HR service primarily across London, Milton Keynes and Bristol. Provide comprehensive HR advice and guidance up to Practice Group Partner/ Director level.
- First point of contact for all HR advice in London, Milton Keynes and Bristol across all divisions. Supported by a central HR Service desk, based in our head office in Manchester, you will be responsible for all escalated queries and the management of all sensitive, face to face matters within the locations you are responsible for.
- Work in partnership with line managers on performance management, absence management, employee relations, resourcing, employee management and employee development, ensuring input is provided effectively, professionally and within required timescales.
- Develop an understanding of the People Investment business plan and support the delivery of related objectives within the locations you are responsible for, working with the wider People Investment specialist teams to integrate initiatives.
- Build effective working relationships with people at all levels within areas of responsibility to add value to the delivery of HR services by understanding individual strengths and development areas and the needs of the business.
- Provide credible advice on people issues, complying with policy, best practice and statutory requirements demonstrating and providing a challenging and robust view to deliver true business value.
- Work with recruitment colleagues and hiring managers to ensure resourcing needs are analysed and vacancies effectively filled, alongside supporting our Trainee and Apprentice recruitment schemes within your locations.
- Provide input into policy development activities to raise awareness of and ensure compliance with best practice.
- Analyse regular and ad hoc people data reports and data presentations as required, making recommendations for action.
- Support the delivery of ad-hoc projects as required.
- Deputise for HR Business Partners as required across all locations you are responsible for.
The HR Advisor role in the London office is stand alone, however two HR Business Partners are also based on site. You will become a part of a national team of 6 HR Advisors and a wider People Investment team of around 45 people. Infrequent travel to other regional offices may be required as part of the role.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 21919/LG.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Lindsey George on Lindsey.George