Job Code: 22489/JE
Practice Area: IT
Recruitment Partner: Jacqui Ellis
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
Based out of the Manchester Office, responsible for supporting Infrastructure services nationally. The primary focus is proactive Infrastructure support, the continuing support of services in place and service improvement.
Role operate across all the offices providing a proactive, technical role for the IT team working with centralised server architectures and operating systems as well as relational database management systems, applications software, data structures, utilities, and communication interfaces. There will be a requirement to work with standard security models and back-up technologies. In addition, you will be expected to research and identify innovative uses for new and existing technology.
Business Area Overview
Central Service Infrastructure provides the ongoing core technology platform support and significant Project delivery that effects the Core Infrastructure
Working with internal teams as an escalation point for all infrastructure, projects in test and in to production
- To engage collaboratively across all stakeholders ensuring appropriate prioritisation of projects and D2D support requirements
- Internal Project delivery prioritisation to ensure compliance and Project Governance.
- Procurement of project and BAU related hardware/software demands.
- Technical build, integration and implementation of the technology services required in ongoing support or project needs
- Adherence to operational acceptance, testing/approval process, Quality Assurance (Audit, Risk and Governance) across all DWF
- Guide and govern suppliers for project related activities ensuring they understand and adopt agreed standards and architectures along with adhering to policy and procedures.
- Centralised MI function to management on core systems and delivered projects.
Overall Job Purpose/Main Function
- Responsibility for all operational Infrastructure services
- Analyse and review existing monitoring tools, thresholds and strategies
- Troubleshoot to identify and resolve problems speedily; escalation and management of managed service companies
Infrastructure Support 40%
- Responsibility for all operational Infrastructure services: Hypervisor layer, Backup, patching, maintenance, health checks, server utilisation, WAN utilisation, storage health checks, monthly reporting on outages and resource utilisation etc.
- Assist in the improving of monitoring and management solutions for both the virtual and physical estates, using applications such as SCOM and other 3rd Party monitoring tools.
- Annalise and review existing monitoring tools, thresholds and strategies to ensure a continuous improvement methodology is practiced.
- To troubleshoot using analytical and diagnostic skills to identify and resolve problems speedily; escalation and management of managed service companies
- To create an implementation guides together with a detailed design document and operational procedures for changes.
Project Implementation - 30%
- Carry out server builds for each project and ensure that the Hardware, OS, Storage Etc. are functioning correctly and the build guides are correct to allow for a successful project implementation
- To engage on projects and 3rd parties to obtain required application source code/build instructions and requirements to harden all technology areas and document the Apps/security/Active Directory and communication design and specifications to the 3rd line EUT team.
- To model the target solutions in a development environment to allow the project to run a proof of concept test
Working with Project Managers 10%
- Implement all facets of the project in Build and Test stages which impact core Infrastructure
- Working with PM determine key projects plans and complete any required project documentation
- Advising on more suitable alternatives to implement target infrastructure into DWF with key management of hardware, licenses, ongoing support
Working with Support Teams 20%
- Working with Local Technical teams to train and so increase their ability to support Infrastructure
- Azure hosting solutions
- Citrix / VDI
- Virtualised Environments
- Microsoft System Centre
- Windows Server Technologies
- Enterprise Level Storage Technologies
- Active Directory High availability
- Backup methodologies, strategies and solutions
- SCOM /other monitoring technologies
- Exchange Server 2003/2010
Qualifications and Experience
- proven people management capability and a strong record of delivery within a Project-related IT function.
- Able to challenge senior stakeholders creatively and professionally to create solutions which meet all of the above criteria but which are not necessarily obvious responses to pre-defined requests.
- knowledge of ITIL IT Security (knowledge of BS7799/ISO27001)
- High degree of commercial awareness with sound understanding of key contractual obligations and risks to maximize benefits
- Service Delivery and Support
- Good understanding of concepts of service delivery and support.
- Solid experience of operating large scale PMO Environments with highly demanding clients.
- Presents a positive, professional, constructive image to all customers and suppliers alike, including senior stakeholders.
- Understands the needs and challenges of stakeholders involved in projects, and can negotiate satisfactory resolution to complex issues surrounding creation and implementation of technology solutions.
- Working with peer group in the business, can identify gaps through regular communication.
- Able to work with other leads to represent department to business stakeholders.
- Able to lead presentation of solutions and options to the business, chair discussions and meetings, and construct clear document packs.
- Effective at working with unstructured teams, situations and environments.
- Manages the tradeoff of delivery within time/cost/quality constraints.
- Applies feedback and challenges behaviors accordingly.
- Develops and monitors programs that integrate learning with practice opportunities.
- Encourages knowledge sharing.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 22489/JE
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Jacqui Ellis on Jacqui.Ellis@dwf.law