Job Code: 22876/SC
Practice Area: Finance
Recruitment Partner: Florence Van Schependom-Brown
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
Responsible for working closely with Fee Earners, Partners and other billing stakeholders within the Insurance Team ensuring all matter management and work in progress on client matters is reviewed, billed and completed effectively by the Insurance Billing Team. Responsible for leading process improvement and change initiatives within the billing team and across the Firm.
- Oversee the day-to-day and monthly billing activities as well as actively participating in the long-term objectives of the Insurance Billing Team
- Identify and lead process improvement initiatives for the Insurance division.
- First line of contact for billing issues and queries within the Insurance division.
- Motivate and drive the team to deliver against operational targets, business requirements and SLA’s.
- Co-ordinate the billing workflow, managing a team of billing clerks to ensure that the bills are processed in a timely and accurate manner, monitoring workload accordingly.
- Manage the outstanding pro-forma list to ensure that all are current, billable and converted to actual invoices
- Ensure training requirements of the team are assessed, documented and implemented. Hold regular team meeting and 121 sessions, track performance against agreed targets and objectives
- Ensure the team are consistently billing in line with agreed client SLA’s
- Act as the custodian of WIP for the Insurance division working closely with the Senior Revenue Controller to interrogate WIP on a monthly basis.
- Drive standardisation across the billing team and Practice Groups in relation to time, WIP and billing processes.
- Ownership of billing policies, process maps and procedures, ensuring everyone is trained to the highest standard and best practice is adopted throughout the team.
- Responsibility of write off requests in line with the firm’s policies and authorisation levels-
- Work closely with the dispute resolution team to implement corrective actions for root causes of billing queries impacting cash collection.
- Regular audit on billing processes to identify areas for corrective action
- Responsible for ensuring our Practice Groups are made aware of policy changes
- To assist in any organisational change processes, when required, champion change and have the ability to identify system and process improvements
- Work collaboratively with other teams across Finance and the Firm
- Undertaking any others duties that are deemed necessary to support the Compliance team and the DWF business as and when required
- Following all the Firm’s policies and procedures
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times
- A proven track record of leading a large team in a busy, fast paced environment.
- A history of process improvement and change management
- Ideally experienced leader from billing background (Law firm preferable but not essential)
- Proven track record of delivering against business KPI’s and targets
- Proactive & organised self-starter with positive can do attitude
- Experience in stakeholder management and driving business solutions through influence and collaborationStrong analytical skills and ability to interpret data
- Attention to detail and deliver high quality work
- Ability to implement strategic initiatives across billing teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer focused approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 22876/SC.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Florence Van Schependom-Brown on email@example.com