Job Code: 24622/LG
Practice Area: Corporate Communications
Recruitment Partner: Lindsey George
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
The Internal Communications Manager has a particular focus on our People Investment (PI) strategy. People Investment at DWF has three areas of focus - Talent and Organisation Development, HR Business Partnering and Services and Corporate Responsibility and Engagement enabling our people to connect, contribute, develop and progress.
This role takes a lead in planning communications and engagement events that relates to employee engagement, ultimately with a view to driving employee engagement and therefore improving overall business performance.
This role will provide a local “Face of PI” service to leaders and employees, playing a key role in linking, translating and integrating PI activities for the business.
The internal communications manager also plays a key role in helping to embed DWF's values in the business.
Working with the Senior Internal Communications Manager and the Head of PR & Communications this is a key role in the broader communications team and will be involved in a broad range of internal communications activities in addition to the key PI responsibilities.
- Work with senior leaders to develop strategies and demonstrable links between engagement and their strategic goals.
- Seek to understand local business area perspectives, to then provide local market insights and perspectives to PI and HRBPs, to ensure local matters are appropriately addressed and considered.
- To act as a champion of the “employee experience”, providing insights, feedback, perspective and recommendations to PI.
- Utilise relevant information / metrics / indicators, to gain insight on local business area people issues, in order to provide PI with the appropriate clarity for people related initiatives and priorities.
- Create an effective communication plan and provide content for various communication vehicles to the Internal Communication team.
- Leverage events to create and sustain dialogue around engagement.
- Work with stakeholders to produce internal content for Partner Conference/Leadership Workshop.
- Support cultural change across DWF and embed DWF's values.
- Support and deliver the annual People Engagement survey using the Internal Communications channels.
- Provide communication advice and guidance to support the achievement of DWF’s PI strategic plan.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 24622/LG
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Lindsey George on firstname.lastname@example.org