Job Code: 25277/2/SC
Practice Area: IT
Recruitment Manager: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
Provision of on-site desktop support as and when required. The position will include assistance with software, hardware, peripheral, printers and mobile devices, along with technical support of the desktop operating system, applications and legal specific software.
Responsible to: IT Technician Team Leader
Liaison with: IT Team including; IT Development, IT Infrastructure, IT Training, IT Projects, Partners, Legal Advisers and Business Support, and liaise with 3rd party vendors to facilitate resolution of issues.
- To provide face to face support on hardware technology such as computers, printers and mobile devices, logging all request into the call management system (SupportWorks).
- To troubleshoot problems, understand/identify the problem and resolve promptly to the satisfaction of the client.
- To facilitate the movement of IT equipment.
- To collaborate with clients and/or other members of the IT team on a regular basis.
- To keep up to date with technical knowledge and industry developments.
- To act on own initiative but to be aware when to escalate matters when appropriate.
- To follow all the Firm’s policies and procedures.
- To work in accordance with the Firm’s standards, protocols and service level agreements.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To take responsibility for ensuring backup routines are adhered to.
- To be able to work in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- To possess good interpersonal skills and a service-orientated approach.
- To possess excellent organisational and time management skills with experience of meeting targets and deadlines.
- To be detail-orientated with a significant emphasis on quality of work.
- To have the ability to work as part of a team.
- To be able to undertake shift work covering between the hours of 8am and 6pm.
A working knowledge of some or all of the following:-
- Experience of working in the Legal/Professional Services industry in an IT capacity
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office 2003 – 2010
- Legal-specific systems (Practice / Case / Document Management)
- Anti-Virus products
- PC security
- PC hardware
- Peripheral devices
- Network multifunction devices (Print / Copy / Scan)
- Mobile devices (Phones, Blackberries, iPhones)
- Backup maintenance
- Full training will be provided to the right candidate.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 25277/2/SC
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on email@example.com