Job Code: App/KH
Practice Area: Learning & Development
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
We are looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to provide admin support for the L&D team within the People Investment Group (HR). The apprentice will support on a wide range of routine admin tasks and duties and will be supervised by the L&D co-ordinator.
We will provide the successful applicant with a structured programme of training, leading to a valuable NVQ level 3 qualification in business administration and excellent on the job experience.
The role of a Business Administration Apprentice is varied and may include:
- Handling and updating spreadsheets
- Setting up new files
- Generation of and printing of a high volume of standard letters
- Photocopying and scanning documents
- Handling and distribution of all incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintaining records and filing systems
- Using excel and powerpoint to produce reports and stats
- Handling confidential and sensitive information
- Understanding and utilising basic financial information
- Any other administrative tasks, as required
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your team and the overall business objectives of the firm.
- Responsible to: L&D Co-ordinator
- Liaison with: A wide range of people across the business
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, we hope that the majority of apprentices will apply for a permanent position in the firm (subject to business need).
As a Business Administration Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the new apprenticeship standard – Business Administrator Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses.
Duration: 24 Months
The ideal candidate will have completed their A Levels and be interested in working in an L&D team. They will also have previous practical experience of working in an office environment. We are looking for individuals with a strong work ethic, who take pride in their work and who are comfortable working at a fast pace. Candidates must have the capability to communicate effectively and develop strong working relationships. The ideal candidate will also have:
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- A positive, enthusiastic and proactive approach to their work
- Effective personal organisational and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demands and prioritise workloads
- Common sense and general knowledge of the business
- Ability to exercise judgment and use initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and passion for excellence
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong eye for detail in the way they plan and implement
- Works effectively in a team and is capable of working with different types of people
- Familiarity of Microsoft packages and knowledge or workplace behaviours
- Excellent written English
- Strong numeracy skills
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade C or above including Maths and English. Obtained a minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent at grade C or above.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.