Job Code: 30112/CH
Practice Area: Finance
Recruitment Partner: Caitlin Horsfield
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job:
To provide cashiering support and analysis for the Firm, this role will support across all Liverpool Cashiering duties including but not limited to banking, BACS, faster payments, CHAPs and cheques, Finance Queries.
- Responsible to: Cashiering Team Leader
- Liaison with: Employees at all levels within DWF, the wider Finance team and clients
- Managing client accounts and responsible for keeping them up to date in accordance with Solicitors Accounting Rules (SAR).
- Preparing and authorising online electronic bank transfers, i.e. CHAPS, BACS and Faster Payment.
- Assist with cheques to be produced for local and regional offices
- Consider all new requested information in line with agreed Service Standards/ISO Procedures and SAR requirements
- Monitor and ensure accurate recording of all financial transactions
- Support with the management of the cashiering queries inbox ensuring timely and accurate responses are delivered to stakeholders
- Attend team meetings at regular intervals and assist in implementing improvements, ideas and modifications in identified problem areas to enhance relationships and strengthen team performance.
- Build effective relationships both internally within the Finance team and externally with the team's wider stakeholders
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Core skills & experience required:
- A commitment to pursuing personal development to ensure the necessary skills and knowledge for the effective performance of the role
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills in order to meet targets and deadlines
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Detail oriented approach with significant emphasis on achieving a high quality of work
- A confident user of Microsoft Excel to intermediary level
- Proven experience in effective delegation as well as upwards management of tasks
- Legal Cashiering experience is essential
- Experience in telegraphic transfers is strongly desired but not essential
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced dynamic environment
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number: 30112/CH.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Caitlin Horsfield on Caitlin.Horsfield@dwf.law.
No agency CVs will be accepted unless formally instructed on this specific role by the Recruitment Team.