Job Code: 20542/LG
Practice Group: Central Services
Recruitment Manager: Lindsey George
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
To support in the delivery of Payroll to all employees of the Firm through the delivery of an effective, efficient and client-focused Payroll service.
DWF are looking for a detail-conscious self-starter, who takes ownership of tasks and is proactive and professional in their approach to delivering exceptional service to the business.
- The delivery of an effective Payroll Service, ensuring company policies, procedures and best practice are followed and updated as required.
- All control, exception reports and reconciliations are thoroughly checked within agreed departmental deadlines, correcting errors, updating systems and carrying out regular checks as appropriate in accordance with agreed control procedures.
- Collate all payroll input documentation and ensure all claims for salary, overtime, etc. are arithmetically correct and authorised by approved personnel
- Ensure all data is processed accurately and promptly with validation
- Liaison with payroll partners ensuring accurate processing of the UK and International payrolls
- Timely and accurately calculating and processing payments of all authorised amendments to the payroll system, including sickness, maternity/paternity/adoption pay in accordance with HMRC legislation and supporting the process where needed.
- Accurate payroll administration of Company benefits scheme and pensions
- Assist with the provision of payroll-related information and guidance to the operational employees at all levels in the business
- A high quality customer service is provided to both internal and external customers
- Management and resolution of Payroll queries through our Query Management System, ensuring timely and accurate resolution
- Production of Payroll related correspondence
- Input to and update the HR Knowledge Base
- Seek to find improvements to process and service, and look at supporting implementation of improvements
- Statutory returns are completed within defined deadlines
- Assist with administration of P11Ds and End of Year processes
- Support HR enquiries with the resolution of routine payroll and benefits enquiries
- Build relationships that create trust and reassurance – to be a positive influence in the team as well as a good mentor to the junior administrators in the team, to be a positive influence with the HR community; communicating effectively and proactively to prevent issues occurring but when the need arises, is able to ensure a speedy resolution.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Previous experience in a payroll environment
- A good knowledge of PAYE, National Insurance, Taxable Benefits and Auto-enrolment
- An understanding of HMRC reconciliations
- Passionate about providing a great customer experience
- Solutions-based approach
- High attention to detail
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, flexible, and can consistently demonstrate strong evidence of a collaborative and professional working style
- Clear, confident, and articulate communicator – you will have high standards of written and oral English. You will be skilled at dealing with issues in an empathetic and pragmatic manner, employing tact and diplomacy to ensure timely and complete solutions.
- An excellent relationship builder – you will have experience of engaging stakeholders and customers at all levels, building rapport and forging long-standing relationships
- IT literate – you will have a good understanding of MS Office packages
Desirable/Advantageous (but not essential)
- Experience of working in a client-based provider
- CIPP qualification or working towards one
- A good knowledge of Irish payroll legislation
- Intermediate to Advanced level Excel
- Experience of using Access Select software
- Some knowledge of international payrolls
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 20542/LG
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Lindsey George on firstname.lastname@example.org