Job Code: 28263/SC
Practice Area: Business Change
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
This position reports to the Head of Business Change. Accountable for the creation and delivery of a central PMO function, utilising proven tools and techniques to ensure the rigorous and timely delivery of benefits across the organisation. Working closely with key stakeholders and the change delivery team, introducing and educating on 'best in class' governance and control.
- Responsible to: Head of Business Change
- Liaison with: Internal clients (partners, department managers, Executive) and external vendors (where applicable).
- To help define and ensure the successful implementation of the PMO’s strategy, responsibilities, services and deliverables.
- To record and track key components of the project/programme lifecycle ie. RAID, milestones management, capacity/resource tracking, scope management.
- To monitor Programme reporting and assist the Head of Business Change in reporting to Senior Management.
- To establish and develop frameworks and standards for Programme and Project Management.
- To coordinate all project/programme meetings as determined by the Head of Business Change and senior Business Change team.
- To prepare and present cost-benefit analyses to support business case development and the implementation of projects.
- To track financial reporting, ensuring that the appropriate programme benefits are identified, quantified and their realisation planned.
- To ensure efficient quality assurance and change control methods and process are utilised.
- To coordinate project closure to distil good practice and ensure lessons learned are logged.
- To become involved in the delivery of technical training to both experienced and inexperienced groups of individuals.
- Understanding of the tools and techniques used within a PMO environment and capability to define a governance framework from scratch and apply continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project management sufficient to oversee and report against multiple concurrent projects.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office applications (specifically Word, Excel, Powerpoint and MS Project).
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to tailor style and content accordingly.
- Flexibility to recognise, adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals or groups with varying perspectives and objectives.
- Strong attention to detail, together with a logical and tenacious approach to problem solving.
- Passionate about exceeding customer expectations and improving service levels.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 28263/SC.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on Sarah.Curran@dwf.law.