Job Code: 26704/SC
Practice Area: Client Development
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
Leading legal business DWF is looking to recruit a talented and motivated PR Executive. This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious in-house PR team which has quickly built a strong track record for delivering results.
The PR team has a clear purpose which is to build and protect the firm’s reputation and brand profile through effective media engagement and communication of the firm’s key messages in support of DWF’s strategic objectives. Working closely with the Head of PR & Communications, PR Manager and the other PR Executive, the PR Executive role is highly varied and hands-on, encompassing the full breadth of press office activity including PR, awards programmes, legal directories and surveys. The PR Exec needs to be confident in finding news stories and pitching partners to the press as commentators. In addition, the PR Executive will be involved in a range of firm wide projects and initiatives, and support crisis communications if needed. The PR team supports the entire firm across every industry sector and service line, and the PR Exec role will have specific responsibility for a few sectors. The Exec will need to balance the fast paced new agenda, with some longer term projects.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills in order to effectively engage with both internal and external stakeholders. Time and project management skills are essential as this is a fast-paced team with a broad remit so the successful candidate will have the ability to juggle various different activities and multiple demands on their time. The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running, supporting both day-to-day activity and a number of high profile projects.
The successful candidate will have been working in B2B PR for at least 12 months in either an in-house role (preferably professional services) or in an agency environment. Previous experience working within the professional services sector is preferred, but not essential.
- Responsible to: Danniella Zentar, PR Manager
- Liaison with: The PR team, the team's PR Agencies, the wider client development team, and people across the business.
- Spot comment opportunities and pitch partners to the press, securing coverage
- Draft and edit media comment and news releases
- Research forward features and relevant profile opportunities in target media publications
- Maintain press list
- Maintain PR team intranet pages
- Manage press office subscriptions
- Review, log and share media coverage
- Create and circulate regular PR reports (sector, insurance and in-house results)
- Liaise with the digital and internal comms teams to co-ordinate timing of news
- Coordinate diaries and booking PR meetings with relevant partners and agencies
- Create briefing notes ahead of journalist meetings
- Process PR invoices
- Draft submissions
- Create and share attendee briefing notes
- Support logistics of award attendance (eg sending invitations, booking table and hotel accommodation, etc)
- Liaise with the organiser to source awards logos, photos, etc.
- Draft follow-up comms (press release, website updates, etc.) and liaise with internal communications and digital teams to promote news internally and via website
Support the PR Manager in the delivery of the firmwide legal directories project by:
- Preparing communications
- Reviewing documents and submitting to the guides
- Tracking project progress
- Scheduling interviews with the researchers, partners and the supporting agency
- Liaising with partners
- Maintaining the legal directories hub on the intranet ensuring all guidance and information is up-to-date
- Collate financial and HR data from across the business and prepare draft survey responses to industry surveys and ranking tables.
- Liaise with internal comms, and digital and senior stakeholders to sign off relevant content for when a new partner joins the firm
- Draft press releases and issue appointment news to the media
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the overall business objectives of the firm.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 26704/SC.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on email@example.com