Job Code: 28261/SC
Practice Area: Business Change
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
This position reports to the Senior Project Manager within the Business Change team. Accountable for managing a team of resources within assigned projects through the project lifecycle and has overall accountability for the delivery of their projects to agreed time, cost and quality constraints.
The projects assigned to the Project Manager will typically be, medium in size and complexity ie. scope, cost and the number of stakeholders. Projects will be identified and assigned by the Senior Project Manager and/or Programme Manager; they will support business strategy and may be high in profile. The Project Manager will be expected to manage several projects at the same time.
- Responsible to: Senior Project Manager
- Liaison with: Internal clients (partners, department managers, Executive) and external vendors (where applicable).
- To plan projects proactively, managing the project using the agreed plan, communicating progress and variance to plan, to key stakeholders.
- To manage communications to key stakeholders including the Business Owner, Project Board, project team and 3rd parties, ensuring they are aware of changes to the project status in a timely manner.
- To identify all project dependencies and risks, ensuring they are effectively managed and that identified risks have mitigation/contingency plans in place.
- To control and challenge project scope and any changes using appropriate change management processes.
- To ensure project budgets are managed and tracked against ROI and that any deviations are escalated.
- To identify and allocate resources required to deliver projects, submitting clearly defined resource requests through the appropriate channel.
- To investigate, escalate and ensure that all project issues are effectively resolved.
- To effectively and professionally manage vendor relationships and participate in vendor selection in line with DWF vendor management policy and procedures.
- To review outputs from all supporting teams ie. BA community to ensure 'fit for purpose' and quality standards are achieved.
- To become involved in the delivery of technical training to both experienced and inexperienced groups of individuals.
- Demonstrable project management experience involving strategic and multi-faceted deliverables.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project management sufficient to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of PRINCE2, APMG or equivalent project delivery methodology.
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to tailor style and content accordingly.
- Strong attention to detail, together with a logical and tenacious approach to problem solving.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills.
- Passionate about exceeding customer expectations and improving service levels.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 28261/SC.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on Sarah.Curran@dwf.law.