Job Code: 28503/SC
Practice Area: Finance
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
The Purchase Ledger team provides a key function to the finance team, as part of that team it is crucial to develop and build relationships with internal clients, administration managers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
The Purchase Ledger Supervisor, in conjunction with the tasks below, supervises the team to ensure the function is carried out with the maximum of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Log all invoices on the 3e system in a timely and efficient manner
- Scan all invoices and email to relevant authoriser and resolve any queries
- Contribute to the development of the Purchase Ledger policy and procedure
- Propose and implement actions to mitigate risk
- Manage the delivery of the Purchase Ledger reports
- Manage and build relationships with a portfolio of key suppliers
- Manage the role out of the purchase order function to the remaining central service departments
- Assist with the Purchase Ledger Supervisor on various project roll outs
- Review and reconcile supplier ledgers, liaising with suppliers ensuring all queries are dealt with effectively and efficiently in accordance with policy and procedure
- Manage the un-reconciled bank items across all bank accounts ensuring they are all posted within the current month
- Dealing with Supplier queries and resolving Supplier Account problems
- Be a central support to help resolve issues and suggest solutions for other team members
- Manage weekly cheque payment runs
Internal Client Relationships
- Develop relationships with internal clients (dependant upon level and role); get to know their needs, what they value, their challenges and future plans
- Agree client expectations and work closely with team manager and less senior members of the team to ensure these are met.
- Develop and use internal networks
To comply with Firm’s policy in the following areas:-
- Ensure full compliance with Data Protection procedures in the Firm’s Handbook
- Be fully compliant with the Firm’s Health and Safety procedures to ensure safety of self and others
- Understand the financial obligations of the firm and action accordingly within your area of responsibility
- Understand how to contribute to financial success
- Assist in structuring the team to maximise profitability and performance
- Assist Team Manager with projecting, creating and setting budgets for team performance
- Ensure financial administration is conducted effectively and in accordance with procedures
- AAT Qualified
- Over three years Purchase Ledger experience required
- Be aware of and contribute to the Firm’s strategic aims
- Understand and contribute to the team’s objectives
- Encourage communication within the team by attending team meetings when requested and by giving praise and constructive feedback
- Work with others to create an open and honest environment
- Liaise with the Team Leader and other colleagues regarding workloads
- Assist the team manager in setting the teams objectives by conducting appraisals and discussing development needs and monitoring objectives
- Take responsibility for own performance and self development, working with the team manager
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 28503/SC.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on Sarah.Curran@dwf.law.
No agency CVs will be accepted unless formally instructed on this specific role by the Recruitment Team.