Job Code: AppR/KH
Practice Area: Learning & Development
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
We are looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to provide administration support to the recruitment team. The apprentice will support on a wide range of routine admin tasks and duties.
We will provide the successful applicant with a structured programme of training, leading to a valuable NVQ level 3 qualification in business administration and excellent on the job experience.
The apprentice will provide a professional, candidate focussed day to day administration support to the recruitment team, hiring managers, suppliers and candidates from initial contact in recruitment, through joining the Firm.
They are the first point of contact for recruitment related communications and question from the business and from candidates. The majority of the work will be in support of the Recruitment Operations function however, the apprentice will work flexibly in response to changing priorities to deliver across the wider team – this can include supporting our Emerging Talent recruitment team.
They will be a flexible, proactive, self-starter who delivers to high standards, prioritising work, looking for opportunities to improve the candidate journey and the service levels towards our team and hiring managers whilst demonstrating commitment to the Firm’s values.
The successful applicant will be a team player who takes responsibility for their own actions and the delivery of excellence from the People Investment team as a whole.
Resourcing and Talent Acquisition Manager
Works with: Recruitment team
Contact with: line managers, HR Shared Services, wider HR community, suppliers, candidates
- Supporting administrative aspects of the recruitment process – from initial application stage through to interview and offer stage.
- Answering candidate and business questions that come into the recruitment team and ensuring that more complex queries are escalated to the right areas.
- Completing standard documentation including, but not restricted to, vacancy requests, offer documentation and updates to the applicant tracking system.
- Management of the central recruitment inbox.
- Ensuring workflow emails in to the recruitment team are checked and actioned accordingly
- Ensuring company policies, procedures and best practice are followed and updated as required.
- Ensuring all systems are up to date and all inputs are accurate and timely
- Working as part of the team to meet goals and deliver a consistently high level of accuracy and customer service.
- Arranging interviews and assessment centres and liaising with hiring managers regarding interview notes and feedback where necessary.
- Contributing to the inputs and updates to the applicant tracking system
- Identifying and raising improvements to processes and service for consideration
- Receipt of and manipulation of data spreadsheets
- Using excel and powerpoint to produce reports and stats
- Handling confidential and sensitive information
- Any other administrative tasks, as required
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your team and the overall business objectives of the firm.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, we hope that the majority of apprentices will apply for a permanent position in the firm (subject to business need).
As a Business Administration Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the new apprenticeship standard – Business Administrator Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses.
Duration: 24 Months
The ideal candidate will have completed their A Levels and be interested in working in a law firm. They will also have previous practical experience of working in an office environment. We are looking for individuals with a strong work ethic, who take pride in their work and who are comfortable working at a fast pace. Candidates must have the capability to communicate effectively and develop strong working relationships.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Microsoft products including Excel
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- A positive, enthusiastic and proactive approach to their work
- Effective personal organisational and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demands and prioritise workloads
- Common sense and general business knowledge
- Ability to use judgment and initiative
- Customer service orientation – willingness to work in a professional and respectful way to meet the needs of our internal clients
- Ensures attention to detail in their work
- Provides customers with a positive experience reflected through feedback
- Excellent communication skills – particularly active listening and questioning
- Delivers added value and innovation through input to the revision of service approaches and supporting and informing process improvement
- Confident to challenge what we do/how we do it and improve processes and customer experience
- Good knowledge of all Microsoft packages and working within a corporate office environment
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade C or above including Maths and English. Obtained a minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent at grade C or above.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.