Job Code: 21604/LG
Practice Group: Central Services
Recruitment Manager: Lindsey George
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
Reporting to the Business Improvement Team Manager, the candidate will be working on a variety of projects designed at moving DWF’s operational capability into new market leading territory. Working with all areas of the firm and clients, the Senior Business Analyst will analyse problems and opportunities by investigating and assembling factual evidence of current operations.
As required by the specific needs of a project, the post holder will be expected to use leading methodologies in order to analyse data and business processes; additionally creating documentation and plans that are compliant with DWFs project management methodology.
- Map out existing processes from SIPOC through to a procedural level of detail which should include at least; volumes of transactions, work types, skills consumed, time based mapping and associated costs with a high degree of accuracy and credibility.
- Complete To-Be modelling maintaining awareness of current-state business architecture.
- Identify emerging trends and issues in a clear and succinct manner to enable project development, deployment and sustainability.
- Gather/elicit high quality business and technical requirements.
- Lead root cause analysis on a variety of complex business problems.
- Analyse conceptual and logical data model structures; either in collaboration with a process improvement approach or independently.
- Report to line management at regular intervals on work in progress.
- Broker high quality relationships with internal supporting departments.
- Clearly define work-packages and track progress across multiple projects at any one time.
- Undertake multiple work-packages feeding into an array of complex projects; maintaining clarity of objectives and customer requirements.
- Build trust of senior stakeholders to advise the business on conclusions of analysis.
- Add to an in-house repository of business improvement training material.
- Deliver technical training to both experienced and inexperienced groups of individuals.
- Aware of the political landscape and can adequately navigate to be effective in the role.
- Be a lateral thinker in working through legacy processes, question and interrogate where appropriate to establish a unique insight to current affairs.
- Be familiar with current and forward thinking tools and methods in industry that could be considered as part of the working solutions proposed.
- Be comfortable and familiar with data analysis tools and methods.
- Be analytical - examine data to extract trends and facts in working patterns.
- Commercially capable and can support in building ROI cases based on the findings of extensive data analysis.
- Be cognisant of other business dynamics and potentially competing/depending interests to steer recommendations to a mature conclusion.
- Be able to work with people within the business and engender good quality relationships in order to extract relevant information.
- Be an expert communicator and be able to present the findings from analysis and describe recommendations and solutions to a multitude of audiences, but mostly the business.
Skills and Experience
- Sound working knowledge of improvement methodologies (Lean Six Sigma, BPR, BPM and BA certifications accepted)
- Considerable experience working on medium/large projects within professional services
- Degree education, an advantage
- A reasonable understanding of current and emerging technology
- A good understanding of, or has worked with the principles of, Agile or Prince2
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 21604/LG
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Lindsey George on email@example.com