Job Code: 27916/CH
Practice Area: Client Development
Recruitment Partner: Caitlin Horsfield
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
To lead the delivery of the National event programme both internally and externally, cost effectively and in a robust manner. Capturing feedback from each event and developing a culture of continuous improvement.
Responsibility for the delivery of the location plan and creation and management of a location based event programme for the locations stated below.
You will be based in Manchester, however, you will be expected to work at other office locations as required.
First class organisational and communication skills are essential, together with a flexible and proactive approach to work. You will be able to demonstrate high attention to detail, excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
You will act as a mentor and coach to the other members of the team and provide support to the event manager when required.
Responsible to: Events Manager
Work in close collaboration with:
- Events Team
- Marketing Managers
- Client Support teams
- Partners / Event Champions
- Client Development team
- Event Management Company
- External suppliers and venues
- Manage and deliver events briefed into you through the pre-approved process to ensure a quality output that reflects the DWF brand, meets client need and generates opportunities and leads for the business.
- National programme
- Local/location events
- Leading the development the framework for the development of a National programme supporting our ability to create once but deploy many events at a national level and also international level (working with the Senior International Exec). This includes communications, marketing, reporting, quality standards, definitions and parameters of support, training and engagement with International teams.
- Involvement in wider client development projects where appropriate and sharing best practice across the business.
- Ownership of the event delivery by working in close collaboration with the Marketing Managers and Lead Partner/Event champion for sectors and practice groups to successfully deliver campaign related events, sharing your expertise to ensure that the appropriate event format/type and marketing channels are used.
- Responsibility for promotion of the events externally via email, social media channels and the DWF website and also internally via email updates and the DWF intranet.
- Responsibility for the event debrief, capturing leads and opportunities arising from an event and reporting back to stakeholders. ROI analysis of the event and recommendations for future improvements. Ensuring information for monthly reports is up to date and available.
- CRM and budget management for events which you are responsible for.
- Roll out and education to the business of the events processes;
- Self-Serve toolkit
- Manage the stock levels and budget for firm-wide branded goods, working with the Brand Manager to ensure all branded goods are on brand; undertake regular cost comparisons and process efficiency for ordering stock across the business
- Working in close collaboration with the location heads of your assigned location(s) to ensure that location-based activity programmes continue to deliver against the location objectives and managing and reconciling the relevant location budgets including Young Professionals activity. #
- Support the firms initiative of ‘doing things differently’ by seeking out innovative ways to deliver and promote events where appropriate.
- Support the Event Manager in the delivery of Event team initiatives, support the development of junior team members where appropriate
- Build relationships across the business (particularly central services) that will facilitate a support network for event delivery.
- Where appropriate, manage/work in partnership with third party suppliers to deliver events; cost efficiency and savings is a key focus; negotiating skills must be put into practice.
- Regular attendance at and contribution to Client Development and Events Team monthly meetings
- Regular attendance at and contribution to assigned location(s) based meetings
(Mini-exec meetings, Partner Meetings).
- Monthly 1-2-1 with Events Manager.
- Behaves in a manner that is consistent with DWF Values.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 27916/CH.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Caitlin Horsfield on Caitlin.Horsfield@dwf.law.