Job Code: 25412/SC
Practice Area: Finance
Recruitment Partner: Sarah Curran
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Revenue Control form part of the Working Capital team based in Manchester.
Main function of job
This role is key to ensuring high standards of financial management expertise across all clients within your portfolio whilst serving as a Trusted Business Advisor. The successful candidate will liaise, meet regularly and work closely with various stakeholders of the business at all levels. The aim is to develop a strong culture of financial awareness, commerciality and accountability. It is a forward thinking, challenging role that alongside the Supervising and Lead FMA, searches for improvement in working capital management and revenue recognition.
Responsible to: Supervising Financial Management Associate
Liaison with: Contact and liaison with employees at all levels within DWF
Maximise Revenue Predictability
- Review and monitor WIP and variance analysis across your portfolio to identify risk and provide key stakeholders with up to date details on potential exposure to revenue
- Ensure you maintain up-to-date and meaningful commentary across your portfolio for stakeholder visibility.
- Understand and influence stakeholders' awareness of how changes to revenue recognition impact the business.
- Ownership of WIP valuation for your portfolio
- Maintain good awareness of the sales pipeline and ensure correct procedures and processes have been agreed on client and engagement set up; i.e. billing schedules and payment on account.
- Drive quality matter and client inception through NBI, ensuring right first time file set up and approval of discounted rates and contingent work is obtained.
Minimise WIP Days and Aged WIP, including unbilled disbursements
- Deliver a sound billing process to your portfolio, billing according to SLA’s and client engagement. Including disbursement logging where related to the billing process to ensure a smooth billing process is delivered to the business.
- Escalate challenges and roadblocks in the billing and WIP management process effectively.
- Exhibit a good understanding of how targets are calculated.
- Ensure the Business understand their targets, what is required to achieve them and the impact of not achieving.
- Drive the working capital performance of your group by devising both short and long term initiatives to achieve long term success.
- Have an impact on how we engage with our clients to increase engagement margin and improve our working capital.
- Advise our teams how to engage with their clients to optimise both engagement margin and working capital.
- Provide relevant and timely working capital management information to your key stakeholders, including gap and trend analysis to effectively influence continuous performance improvement within your portfolio.
Process & Escalation Consistency / Improvement
- Ensure data quality is maintained on a consistent basis and your portfolio is consistent in relation to key financial data
- Drive smoother billing patterns throughout the month with the implementation of billing timetables
- Identify and escalate process improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrate a positive and solution driven mind set.
- Involvement in additional ad hoc projects.
Understand the bigger picture
- Promote the use of the Working Capital team, build successful relationships with the wider finance teams and drive effective use of the Finance function.
- Develop commercial awareness and demonstrate understanding of the key issues driving the overall performance of realisation and WIP days.
- Exhibit thorough understanding of key financial metrics and how these impact our cash flow and management accounts.
- Relationship building – building strong networks, inspiring trust and have a firm understanding of business drivers of client performance.
- Critical thinking and problem solving, advising on potential outcomes and exhibiting exceptional technical skills.
- Forward thinking, challenging assumptions and encouraging teams to effectively use their skills and experience across Finance
- Confident, with a proven ability to challenge at all levels.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Client team focused and responsive with good commercial acumen / judgement.
- Robust, resilient, calm under pressure and flexible.
- Strong time management skills and a proven ability to balance multiple priorities by considering risk, importance and level of urgency.
- Demonstrate the ability to become an effective change lead.
- Excellent communicator – both written and oral with the confidence to deliver presentations, training material and knowledge sharing. Adapting style to target audience, set appropriate context when asking questions, demonstrating ability to deliver difficult messages and drive communication to a mutual understanding.
- Strong IT skills including Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a client driven professional environment in a financial/business capacity.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 25412/SC.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sarah Curran on email@example.com