Job Code: 28918/SH
Practice Area: Legal Support Centre – Real Estate Team
Recruitment Partner: Sam Houghton
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
DWF are seeking a Team Leader to join their Real Estate team in Manchester. The individual will have a hybrid role, where they will be responsible for assisting the Head of Department in developing and making operational avenues for work growth and diversity across the Real Estate practice group, fee earning and supervising a team of paralegals. Members of the team will work on a wide range of routine real estate assignments in either a stand-alone or an integrated way alongside the firm's qualified lawyers across the real estate practice group (Real Estate England, Ireland & Scotland).
Due to the stage of development, dynamic environment and the clients we seek to serve, the role is not an ordinary 9-5 job. We are looking for an individual with a strong work ethic, who takes pride in their work, comfortable working at a fast pace and with a desire to supervise work and people management on a day-to-day basis.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience working in Real Estate undertaking paralegal legal support work is essential
• Confidence in liaising and communicating with senior stakeholders
• Strong IT skills across multiple platforms and be open to leading the team on new technological solutions
• Effective personal organisational and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demands and prioritise workloads
• The ability to work under pressure, to tight timescales with a sense of urgency
• Common sense, commerciality and the ability to exercise judgement
• A strong desire to develop skills and capability
• Intermediate level skills in undertaking administrative activity.
• Excellent communication skills with a professional approach to clients
• Ability to solve problems and queries effectively
• Experience of supervising work or leading teams
• Responsible to: Partner – Head of Legal Support Centre
• Liaison with: Wide range of Partners and Lawyers from Real Estate Practice Group
The role of a Real Estate Team Leader is varied and includes:
• Exploring, developing and making operational avenues for work growth and diversity across Real Estate practice group and innovation network into the real estate LSC.
• Taking responsibility for the delivery of allocated tasks of both self and the team
• Supervision of technical legal support work conducted by the team's paralegals
• Liaising with instructors of work regarding return dates, process improvement and feedback.
• Completing tasks to scope, on time and on budget
• Delivering work to service standards in accordance with the DWF excellence framework/SLA requirements
• Taking ownership for the delivery of complete client satisfaction and continuous improvement
• Overall team line management, including but not limited to overseeing team work allocation, individual training requirements and skills matrix, holidays and general HR queries
• Compliance with the procedures of the business as set out in any core materials, manuals and training materials.
• Leading team on validation of process maps produced and in creating SOP’s/guides
• Preparing weekly/Monthly MI for Head of LSC/PG Partner and Innovation Partner
• Working with the Tax PSL to provide regular training on SDLT
• Working with stakeholders to scope fee quotes and procedures for projects
• Working with the Real Estate PSL to provide up to date training for the LSC
• Recruitment/interviewing/assessments of new starters
Examples of specific work types which you will be expected to support on and supervise from a technical perspective could include:
• Post Exchange/Completion Paperwork
• Maintaining progress reports
• Opening and maintaining data rooms – uploading docs to data rooms
• Checking/reviewing legal documents for quality, consistency and content
• Drafting and producing legal documentation and standard forms
• Reviewing and reporting on documents as part of due diligence exercise
• Land Registry & searchflow searches, drafting and uploading Land Registry forms
• SDLT applications
• Proof reading
• Sales packs
• Pre completion paperwork such as completion statements
• Title reviews
• Reports on title and leases
• Complex document review
• Completion and post completion work
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number: 28918/SH.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sam Houghton on Sam.Houghton@dwf.law.
No agency CVs will be accepted unless formally instructed on this specific role by the Recruitment Team.