Job Code: 22282/JE
Practice Area: Specialist Litigation
Recruitment Partner: Jacqui Ellis
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of job
The team acts for asset finance companies, banks/building societies, point of sale lenders and leasing companies on volume collection/recoveries and complex high value cases as well as providing strategic, regulatory and compliance advice. We are looking for a talented newly qualified solicitor with an interest in consumer and asset finance and regulatory work to support the team and to develop into this growing area of specialism. Whilst, initially, support for the team's litigation work will go hand in hand with providing regulatory advice and support, over time, and with technical and professional development and support, the focus of this role would be to deliver mainly non-contentious/compliance expertise to FCA regulated organisations and non-regulated businesses in other sectors, as a specialist in consumer and asset finance.
The role holder would be expected to
- contribute actively to practice area targets and assess risk where necessary;
- manage client expectations to ensure high levels of service delivery both internally and externally; and
- provide a high quality service to clients demonstrating: commerciality; technical ability; accuracy; and attention to detail.
a. Responsible to: Partner
b. Liaison with: Partners, Associates, Solicitors, Paralegals & wider team
- Applying understanding of FCA regulation, and the impact on businesses, to provide effective, commercial advice on a range of non-contentious/compliance matters including advising on policies and procedures and drafting documentation;
- Support the wider Finance Litigation team as appropriate, on technical and compliance issues, including providing assistance on contentious matters from time to time;
- Effectively servicing a range of clients, primarily within the financial services sector (but also including other businesses such as retail) on all aspects of providing credit including marketing and financial promotions;
- Advising clients on data protection (including privacy and electronic communication) within the context of financial services;
- Maintain an understanding of the latest developments in consumer credit, asset finance and FCA regulation, and to regularly seek to update skills in addition to and outside of the CPD process;
- Be accountable for individual and team financial management ensuring a pro-active approach is taken to meeting individual and team targets;
- Raise individual profile and that of DWF LLP through coverage in the legal press and DWF promotional material, assisting to maximise own revenue with existing clients through the introduction of clients to other practice groups where applicable;
- Support others to deliver their objectives, giving relevant guidance and assisting in relevant development for the individual/s when necessary;
- To look outside of the Firm for new ways of working and seek to continually challenge and improve internal working practices through the professional application of skills and knowledge;
- Develop strong internal and external working relationships based on trust and respect, ensuring there is regular communication within the practice group and with the external client;
- Understand the relevant marketplace and identify what opportunities and risks exist and how DWF can exploit or prepare for them;
- Maintain visibility and accessibility across the team and manage client relationships during delivery of service.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 22282/JE
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Jacqui Ellis on Jacqui.Ellis@dwf.law