Job Code: 29523/CB
Practice Area: Real Estate
Recruitment Partner: Claire Bowden
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
We are looking to recruit an Associate, to join our Real Estate team based in our Edinburgh office.
We are seeking applications preferably from candidates who are 2 to 5 years’ PQE. Ideally candidates will have experience in all forms of Real Estate.
The team’s work spans a wide range of general Real Estate transactions. We are looking to recruit a team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail. Experience in acting for Landlords and Tenants of retail and office premises, Purchasers and Sellers of various assets, funders in security transactions is desired; experience of acting in the Renewables sector would be of benefit, but not essential for the role
a. Responsible to: Partner
b. Liaison with: Partner, Solicitor, Trainee & wider team
• Understand client requirements and manage files in line with service level agreements (where applicable) and best practice, demonstrably applying technical/professional knowledge and expertise to provide clear, accurate and commercial direction to clients.
• Reliably display sound technical and professional judgement including the ability to analyse risk and justify decisions to clients internally and externally.
• Demonstrate DWF Values through behaviour.
• Consistently provide an excellent level of service to internal and external clients.
• Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks, support growth and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s strategy, sectors, products, service lines and opportunities for growth/referrals.
• Prioritise work effectively to maximise efficiency in working practices and proactively support innovation and improvement.
• Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year.
• Contribute to team financial performance (sales, recovery rate, chargeable hours, lock up and disbursements) in line with team business plan.
• Understand individual role in the context of the Practice Area/Practice Group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge.
• Raise individual profile and that of DWF LLP through coverage in the legal press and DWF promotional material.
• Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number: 29523/CB.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Claire Bowden on Claire.Bowden@dwf.law.
No agency CVs will be accepted unless formally instructed on this specific role by the Recruitment Team.