Job Code: 16585/CB
Practice Area: Real Estate Scotland
Recruitment Partner: Claire Bowden
DWF are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
We are now seeking to recruit a Senior Associate to join the Real Estate team in Glasgow.
Our Real Estate Practice Group deal with all aspects of real estate legal issues, including high-value acquisitions and disposals, portfolio management, development (including regeneration projects) and the creation and treatment of all kinds of investments. We act for landowners, occupiers, developers, funders, contractors and professionals across the sector. We also work with landlords and tenants within the institutional, corporate, retail and public sectors – including education and local government.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a drive to succeed, and an enthusiasm to engage with clients. This role would be ideal for a Solicitor who has the aim of one day entering Partnership. It is important that the successful candidate has the ability to work as part of a team in addition to being confident working under his/ her own initiative, you will also be expected to supervise more junior members of the team. We are also seeking candidates with confidence in terms of presentation skills and client contact, and a real desire to develop their career at DWF. An interest and experience of working for clients within one or more of DWF's Sector Groups would be beneficial but not essential.
Main function of job: To demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and the ability to deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to external clients whilst demonstrating and communicating a clear understanding of business needs/changes to internal clients.
Responsible to: Real Estate Partner
Liaison with: Other Partners, Fee-earners and Business Support teams across the practice groups at DWF, current and future Clients, other Real Estate sector professionals.
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year.
- Achieve individual financial targets in line with sales plan.
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice.
- Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally.
- Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices.
- Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge.
- Raise individual profile and that of DWF LLP through coverage in the legal press and DWF promotional material, assisting to maximise own revenue with existing clients through the introduction of clients to other practice groups where applicable.
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs.
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.