Job Code: 28172/CB
Practice Area: Cat PI
Recruitment Partner: Claire Bowden
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
DWF LLP is seeking to recruit a Senior Associate into the Catastrophic Personal Injury and Large Loss team in Manchester. The Catastrophic Injury and Large Loss team at DWF LLP is one of the largest in the UK and is nationally recognised. We act for a large number of insurers, many of whom are household names, dealing with complex, catastrophic and large loss claims with a value of over £100k, with many being over £1 million in value. The team deals with a range of serious injury files including RTA and EL/PL matters.
The role is as to support a senior partner within the team, who predominantly handles catastrophic injury claims, but with the potential to develop a large loss caseload of his/her own .We are seeking applications from candidates with a minimum of 5 years’ experience who have assisted on catastrophic cases but also managed their own caseload of large loss files . We are seeking a team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail. We are also seeking a candidate who is familiar with working in a commercial environment.
Main function of job
To provide assistance to a busy partner by undertaking the day to day supervision of a caseload of catastrophic injury claims. The candidate will demonstrate the technical and commercial expertise necessary to assist with the delivery of results within required time frames and to provide the highest service level to clients. Depending upon the level of technical competence and the rate of development, the candidate will be assisted with developing a caseload of large loss claims and in time becoming a recognised catastrophic injury lawyer in his/her own right.
a. Responsible to: Catastrophic Injury Partner
b. Liaison with: Insurance Practice Group, clients, and employees at all level across the firm.
- Ensure, in conjunction with the partner, that cases are progressed as quickly and efficiently as possible and that all relevant timetables are strictly adhered to.
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice;
- Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally;
- Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices;
- Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge;
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs;
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year;
- Achieve individual financial targets in line with sales plan;
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 28172/CB.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to Claire Bowden on Claire.Bowden@dwf.law.