Job Code: 20555/CB
Practice Area: Corporate & Banking
Recruitment Partner: Claire Bowden
DWF is a top 20 UK law firm with a distinctive approach. We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times. We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices in Dublin, nationwide in the UK as well as Germany, Belgium and Dubai, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board in our Dublin office to be part of our success.
We are now seeking applications from a Corporate Solicitor with 3+ years PQE to join our fast growing and successful corporate team in Dublin. We are active in both public and private company transactional work and are looking to recruit a commercially astute and able corporate / transactional Associate to join the team with proven experience in this field of work.
The ideal candidate will be working within the Dublin market and will have demonstrable post qualification experience of handling a mixture of private company and public company matters including but not limited to mergers and acquisitions, re-structuring, capital markets and private equity. You will be working closely with our Executive Partner who will support you at every stage. You will be given responsibility for your own work from day one and the team around you will encourage you to progress your career as you further build your skills and experience.
Main function of job
To demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and the ability to deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to external clients whilst demonstrating and communicating a clear understanding of business needs/changes to internal clients.
Responsible to: Partner
Liaison with: Clients, all colleagues with immediate team, wider Practice Group and across DWF
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs;
- Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge;
- Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices;
- Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally;
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice;
- Achieve individual financial targets in line with sales plan;
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.