Practice Area: Litigation
Recruitment Partner: Amanda McDonald
This is your opportunity to be part of one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms.
They have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, they are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of their success.
The Employment team at DWF is looking for 5 Employment Solicitors (0-2 years PQE, however we will consider applications from individuals who have more experience), the roles will be based in the following offices: Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool and Birmingham. The employment team are experiencing a significant growth in workload and this is a great opportunity to become part of a busy team with real development opportunities.
Main function of job
To demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and the ability to deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to external clients whilst demonstrating and communicating a clear understanding of business needs/changes to internal clients. Demonstrate a genuine passion for employment law and commitment to your own development in this area of specialism.
- Clearly understand client requirements and confidently provide practical answers both verbally and in written form to problems whilst ensuring best practice and technical accuracy at all times;
- Manage a tribunal caseload, including interacting with clients, drafting all pleadings, statements and preparing bundles and willingness to perform own advocacy;
- Be accountable for individual financial performance and ensure delivery of responsibilities within required time frames and to the highest standard possible;
- Analyse risk and use sound judgement with decisions impacting on clients/practice area and anticipate both positive and negative consequences;
- Work as part of a team, including delegating work appropriately and managing work upwards when required to ensure that work performed meets individual performance requirements as well as those of the wider team/Firm;
- Understand individual role and performance in the Firm as well as commercial trends affecting practice area or potential business development activity;
- Develop your confidence in client facing and presentation skills
Key skills/knowledge required
- 0-2 years PQE Solicitor or NQ ideally with a seat in employment/previous paralegal experience within this field
- Ideally with experience of Advocacy and a willingness to take on these duties
- Ability to manage own caseload from cradle to grave
- Confident public speaker – due to face to face client work and presenting information
- Willingness to get involved in project work
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 18656/AM
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Amanda McDonald on email@example.com