14/Ins/140/Mcr/AS - Commercial Insurance NQ Solicitor - Manchester
This vacancy is being handled by Amanda McDonald, Recruitment Officer
The Commercial Insurance team at DWF provide high quality commercial advice on a wide range of matters including policy interpretation, FOS matters, property damage (subrogated recoveries and defending), non-injury counter fraud, product liability and professional indemnity.
We are seeking applications from newly qualified solcitors who have completed a relevant seat during their training contarct.
1. Applicants will have completed a relevant seat during their training contract and ideally have a background in commercial insurance though we will also consider experience of similar or less varied work types.
2. We are seeking candidates with a strong academic performance including a 2:1 at degree level.
3. The ability to work well within the wider insurance team, to self-motivate and to provide guidance and support to junior team members when required.
4. Excellent communication and organisation skills.
Main function of job:
To demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and to manage performance and deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to our insurer clients.
a. Responsible to: Associate and Partner
b. Liaison with: Partners, fee earners and all levels of employee at DWF within legal and support team, and clients.
1. Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year.
2. Achieve individual financial targets in line with sales plan.
3. Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice.
4. Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally.
5. Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices.
6. Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge.
7. Supervise a team of junior fee earners, including monitoring holidays, sickness absence and performance.
8. Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs.
9. Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at (http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/14-Ins-140-Mcr-AS ) to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email the Recruitment team at email@example.com or contact one of the Recruitment Officers on 0161 603 5105