Job Code: 20343/CB
Practice Group: Cat PI
Recruitment Partner: Claire Bowden
Office: Milton Keynes
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
DWF LLP is seeking to recruit a Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive into the Motor defence Team in Milton Keynes due to increased growth and expansion plans.
An exceptional variety of work is on offer to the successful candidate defending businesses and individuals from allegations arising in consequence of their driver’s/their own involvement in road traffic incidents resulting in police investigation. Candidates should have criminal experience and have at the very least accredited representative status. We are seeking applications from candidates between 1-5 years PQE with primarily criminal experience. We are seeking a team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail for this demanding role.
Main function of job
Criminal file handling principally comprising the defence of motorists involved in often significant and complex road traffic collisions, the majority of which resulting in significant injury and/or fatality, and often attracting national press interest. Responsibilities to include representation at PACE interviews and Magistrates Court and Coroners inquests.
As well as advising the defendant motorist at all stages of investigation and prosecution, the successful candidate will also advise and report to the insurers of those vehicles involved. Those candidates with experience and/or knowledge of civil claims handling and/or personal injury will be at an advantage.
To demonstrate technical expertise and the ability to deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to clients while demonstrating and communicating a clear understanding of the needs of both the lay and insurer client.
Responsible to: Road Traffic Criminal Defence Partner
- Criminal file handling and representation of individuals and companies involved in their defence to allegations arising in consequence of their involvement in road traffic incidents;
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year;
- Achieve individual financial targets in line with sales plan;
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice;
- Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients;
- Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices;
- Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge;
- Develop increased levels of technical knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles2016 to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
To apply, please click 'apply now' and provide the job reference number 20343/CB
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Claire Bowden on email@example.com